Sign in with
Your question

Fan LED Switch

Last response: in Components
February 6, 2012 11:14:17 PM

Hello everybody, new to the forum! :hello: 

So I've decided on my first build but I have a problem with the case I have chosen - Antec 1200. The front three 120mm fans' LED cannot be switched off. So is there anyway that I can modify it to switch them off? I don't want to cut off the LED wire because I want to be able to switch them back on easily. Sorry if this is a stupid question, total noob here...

Thanks!

More about : fan led switch

a b ) Power supply
February 6, 2012 11:27:51 PM

If the fans have no switch, than there is no way. Except for building in your own by cutting the wire and smoldering a switch in... or replace the fans with some that have a switch.
February 6, 2012 11:58:20 PM

So if I could find 120mm fans that have LED switches and replace them with the stock fans the provlem is solved? If so, do you know any fans that are like this?
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 12:30:17 AM

Mhm, depends on where you live, aka which fans are available to you. For instance Enermax LED Fans have a switch to choose color, LED mode and Off switch. BitFenix Spectre Pro have an On/Off Option, too.

There are probably more. Just look at the description and images of those fans. Might need some research here and there on your part.
February 7, 2012 6:12:21 AM

whatsthatnoise said:
If the fans have no switch, than there is no way. Except for building in your own by cutting the wire and smoldering a switch in... or replace the fans with some that have a switch.

You should add a separate fan that would be better
!