SCSI Problem

G

I just flashed the bios on my Abit KA7-100 and now my scsi card does not work. At boot up the system finds the scsi card, shows the bios version and finds the devices attached to it. Then it pops up the error "SCSI Bios not Installed!" I am using the adaptec 19160 card and it has never given me any problems. I have taken the devices off the card and I just updated the bios of the card. I put the card in another system and it showed the same error. Anyone with suggestions please help. Adaptec support has been no help.

Thanks in advance....Jason

Abit Ka7-100
Athlon 800
256mb Micron ram
Adaptec Ultra 160 scsi
Geforce 2 Pro 64mb
120 gigs of hard disk!!

G

You never stated if you boot off of a SCSI hard drive. If so you can manually load the scsi bios (it is Ctrl + (something) will get back to you on that). Also have you checked your system bios since you updated it?

pill128

Take your pill, and get some sleep.

G

I have upgraded the card to the latest bios. I am not booting from scsi devices. The card shows up in windows and says it is working properly but the scsi devices do not show up. I checked my bios and loaded the failsafe defaults after not being able to fix the problem. If you have any other ideas please let me know. Thanks

G

I don't believe that the "SCSI BIOS not installed" is an error. You computer should not install a SCSI BIOS unless you are going to boot from a SCSI device.

pill128

Take your pill, and get some sleep.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I did not mention that. If you do not have a bootable disk in your SCSI device, the SCSI bios will post that message. It is not an error, but simply a report on the bootability. The other problems you had sound like an IRQ conflict. Try changing the slot the card is in. It that doesn't help, try changing bios from PNP OS "YES" to PNP OS "NO".

Suicide is painless...........

G

This is just a guess. Perhaps the SCSI card needs to be reconfigured to load its BIOS. Maybe your upgraded Mobo BIOS was not initially recognized and so your SCSI reset to non loading?