Sign in with
Your question

Rate my low budget gaming build?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 6, 2011 6:33:14 PM

Hello, I am building a new PC for games. As the title implies, I have a low budget, thus, I tried to select a good price / performance ratio.

I do not intend to do any major changes to this plan, but I would like you to rate it on a 1 to 10 scale (10 being the best, which I will never reach :p ), keeping in mind that I will use it for gaming. I do not expect it to run every game flawlessly on high or ultra high settings, but I expect it to be a huge upgrade from my current PC. (Dual Core E2140 @ 1.60GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz, GeForce 9800 GT 512MB<-- The video card is also pretty limited by my current mobo which runs it at PCIexpress x4 instead of PCIexpress 2.0 x16).

Would appreciate if you could rate my new one in comparison to the old one as well.

So, here it goes!

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM: Not exactly decided on which specific producer I should choose, but I plan on getting a 8GB DDR3 kit, probably at 1600MHz.

Video Card: For now I will be using my current GeForce 9800GT 512MB. Soon, when I get enough money, I'll upgrade it to something along the lines of a GeForce GTX 460 or so, but that is not yet decided.

PSU: 650W Inter-tech Energon. I do not plan to do overclocking so it should be fine.

I know this is a summary description, but I would like you to rate it based on these facts.

As I said I am realistic, and fully aware that this is not the best build out there. But it's what I can afford right now, being 17 years old and having to raise the money by myself in an Eastern European country.

As a fun fact, the first game that I can absolutely say WILL NOT RUN on my current PC is Battlefield 3. Just unplayable, even on low. Hopefully the new PC will remedy that situation. Until now I've had virtually no problems besides some iffy framerate drops on any game.

Thank you in advance. :) 

More about : rate low budget gaming build

November 6, 2011 10:55:31 PM

The mb and processor will work fine .

You dont need 8 gig of RAM for gaming . A 2 x2 gig kit of 1600 MHz RAM running at 1.5 volts or less is what you need.

But those changes will not improve gaming much [or even at all ] until you also upgrade the graphics card

I have never heard of your PSU . It sounds like it might blow up
!