Solved

GTX 550 ti

Hello, i'm asking if it is safe or good to have GTX 550 ti for my PC. i prefer sparkle. and my monitor is 20" LED samsung SA300

mobo:Asusp8h67 cpu:IntelcoreI52400
psu:HEC Raptor2 500w RAM:4gb hdd:1tb
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Best answer
    Yes, no problem. You could even put in a better one than the 550. ( not much better though because of the psu, it's not that good i believe.)
  2. of course it is good for your system.you can also use dual gtx 550ti.
  3. pro-gamer said:
    of course it is good for your system.you can also use dual gtx 550ti.

Not sure with that psu.
  4. to robjordy: im a little confuse about the PSU that you said? i mean is there something wrong with the brand or the voltage/watts that it gives to the GPU? thanks by the way :)
  5. Well, it's not a real bad psu or something, been reading reviews and some people give it a low rating but a lot of others say it's ok. Anyway it's a cheap psu, not 80+ certified and normally cheap psu's don't have a very stable power output and the higher end cards need a stable input with lots of amps. So the 550 is fine, 560 also but the higher you go and the psu will fail i think.
    I really think it won't be good enough to sli two 550 cards.
    One comment from the reviews i've read ; Do not buy this if your trying to run 2 5700 or higher video cards, you will crash everytime.
  6. i don't have plan on 2 sli 550 cards. :) Thank you very much.. for the info.
  7. Best answer selected by kensai23.
  8. GreenDutchAlien said:
    Well, it's not a real bad psu or something, been reading reviews and some people give it a low rating but a lot of others say it's ok. Anyway it's a cheap psu, not 80+ certified and normally cheap psu's don't have a very stable power output and the higher end cards need a stable input with lots of amps. So the 550 is fine, 560 also but the higher you go and the psu will fail i think.
    I really think it won't be good enough to sli two 550 cards.
    One comment from the reviews i've read ; Do not buy this if your trying to run 2 5700 or higher video cards, you will crash everytime.

i'm having second thoughts about Sapphire Radeon HD6770 ddr5. which is better for my system the HD6670 or GTX 550 Ti?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Monitors LED Monitor Graphics