Colour Banding Display Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Encountering a weird display issue on a friends PC. It appears like there is banding through the blends of light to dark colours (See pics). Games shown are Dead Space 2 and Deus Ex HR but he assures me it appears in varying degrees in most games he's had on his system. Methodically went through nVidia Control Panel turning on and off 1 at a time each setting and played around with Samsung calibration software. Nothing helped. All nVidia Drivers are up to date. Has anyone seen anything like this? Not sure if it's the screen, the GPU or a setting somewhere...

Full Build:

Asus p8z68 V Pro MOBO
i5 2500K CPU
Gigabyte gtx570 GPU
Samsung 1TB F3 Spinpoint HD
Sony DVD RW
4 GB Kit GSkill DDR3 1600 Ripjaws
Antec TP750 PSU
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Screen - Samsung BX 2450

dxhr2011-09-0720-46-59-35V.jpg

dxhr2011-09-0720-14-04-16V.jpg

deadspace22011-09-0720-16-07-75V.jpg

Solution

This is a KNOWN 3d engine and lighting problem it is not your video card contact the company that made it.

color banding
more banding issues dx11
possible fix

Btw looking at the forums even xbox 360 and ps3 versions have loads of bugs and graphical problems.

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Sorry should have mentioned in original post. Nothing is overclocked... Though I believe the 570 does have a slight factory OC. The temps were low and stable 65 degrees. The 1st thing I did was update his drivers so they are fresh.

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Thanks for the quick responses. I will be back there tomorrow morning. Also we tried connecting using HDMI, DVI etc cables and always looked the same. We didn't have access to another monitor at the time.. might be able to grab one from another friend.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007

This is a KNOWN 3d engine and lighting problem it is not your video card contact the company that made it.

color banding
more banding issues dx11
possible fix

Btw looking at the forums even xbox 360 and ps3 versions have loads of bugs and graphical problems.

Solution

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Thanks for those links techguy911. The problem does appear to be a big issue in Deus Ex HR, which is real shame, I was looking forward to picking this game up when I get home, but the banding is horrible... not sure I'll bother now. But on this system it is also visible in Dead Space 2. We also tried Bioshock and it was visible there too. Did a uninstall and then clean install of nVidia drivers...still there? Unfortunately don't have anything else to load on and try, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the latest nVidia drivers that are causing the problem. Will be able to try a different screen in a couple of days... but I'm starting to get nervous. Been googling for the last few hours reading about nVidia optimising their drivers to achieve higher frame rates (which obviously helps them sell cards) at the cost of image quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.