Sign in with
Your question

Bad motherboard?

Last response: in Components
December 10, 2012 8:37:17 PM

So I got old PC you can see here I having problem becuz the pc cant power up not ever my phone is charging
I changed a PSU and it cant power up so I tried to disconnect the new PSU and my finger touch this things on the M/B near (1R2)
It was very hot and I dont think its normal
You think the M/B is dead?

its very old pc the CPU is AMD and I don't know whats the model

More about : bad motherboard

December 10, 2012 9:26:13 PM

just replace that shiz
m
l
December 11, 2012 4:12:49 AM

karlg23 said:
just replace that shiz

You think its motherboard problem?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 6:25:49 AM

It getting hot it normal i think, it power circuitry (mosfet i think..)

any ways u should try cleaning it first, replace the cmos battery, and later the thermal paste......
m
l
a c 469 V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 7:12:02 AM

your mb may be dead now.you forgot to place it on the standoffs. right now in that photo it shorted to the case. you need to put the mb on somthing that insulate it from the case and see if it posts. (with no ram it should give you a cmos beep code error)_.
m
l
December 11, 2012 7:53:38 AM

Hello

I tried too clean the pc and I open the fan you can see in the pic the cpu is looks like he melt down I cant disconnect it from the fan I didnt push it hard idk why is like this
the pc worked yesterday and last night he stopped working

You think the pc is dead?
m
l
December 11, 2012 12:06:21 PM

smorizio said:
your mb may be dead now.you forgot to place it on the standoffs. right now in that photo it shorted to the case. you need to put the mb on somthing that insulate it from the case and see if it posts. (with no ram it should give you a cmos beep code error)_.

I havn't tried to boot it up when the ram was missing I remove it for better pic
m
l
a c 469 V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 7:14:30 PM

you bent the cpu pins...you ripped the cpu out of the cpu slot. if the pc was not dead..you killed it now...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2012 4:07:56 AM

It officially dead, the pin is bent...

(it looks like the thermal paste hardened and became power glue like)

I'm sorry to heard that......
m
l
!