212 Evo push pull setup, recommended fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inner universe

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Hello again, I have just a small question. I recently purchased a 212 Evo. I am looking for an additional fan to add to it for a push pull setup. Any recommendations from anyone else who owned one? Also, how much degrees did your temps drop after adding the second fan?

Solution

The Evo uses 120mm fans.
Here's the exact match which last time i checked is only available from CM.
I think that will change soon and most e-tailers will stock them in the future.

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_25&products_id=717
I'd just wait until places like Newegg stock these at a reasonable price.
The CM Store has ridiculous shipping fees.

CDdude55

Distinguished
Generally there will not be any significant temputure drop by adding an extra fan for push pull. At most you might drop 2°c, but i wouldn't expect much. Ive ran push pull multiple times on both my Prolimatech Megahalems as well as my current Corsair H70 and i can say that the second fan creates little to no differance.

Lol is this your new saying!
I believe you! but i've yet to read a review on them from a any legit site i value/trust.
Personally i'd just match up the stock fan when it's available .
And ya you'll only get a 1-2C temp decrease.

Yate Loon fans are good and inexpensive. They push a decent amount of air and are also pretty quiet especially if you use a resistor to restrict the volt to 7v. I use them exclusively.

Fans from Nexus are also very good, but a little more expensive. In fact, Nexus cherry picks Yate Loon fans; the take the quietest ones that rolls off the conveyor belt.

The Evo uses 120mm fans.
Here's the exact match which last time i checked is only available from CM.
I think that will change soon and most e-tailers will stock them in the future.

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_25&products_id=717
I'd just wait until places like Newegg stock these at a reasonable price.
The CM Store has ridiculous shipping fees.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.