How much should this be sold for?

nagisa

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
i have a computer i made out of spare parts left over from upgrading my other machines that my older brother is wanting to buy for a project of his (something about making a manual lathe computer controlled) but i dont realy know how much the box should be sold for so here are the specs for you to munch on

psu 450 watt ex hp pavilion (i think it was an A1000 or something at least thats what it said on a sticker on the bottom of the old case...)
case: ex aries computer sistems micro atx case (i dont think aries exist anymore but i think it was a small company in london that made computers to order i got the computer 8 years ago and when i got it was close to being top of the line but it got old so i got rid of the old hardware and used it to make said scrap box)
mobo : asterope 2 ex hp pavilion (same as psu)
ram: 2gb ddr2 (dont know how fast but i think it was something lke 800 mhz)
hard drive: 80 gb ide (cant remember the make but its about 8 years old)
graphics:integrated ati chip (i cant remember exaclty)
cpu: intel pentium D @3ghz
optical drive: it reads and writes cd's and reads dvd's and works other then that :/ dunno
floppy drive: it works not much else can be said
fan: aftermarket thing (the factory one from the old box got completely broken)
OS: windows 8 dev preveiw :)D) i can install windows 7 ultimate windows XP home... something or any linux OS

on start up there is a warning about the system fan failing - it is talking about the case fan that the mobo had when it was a hp pavilion (proven because it goes away if i plug the case fan for my main box into it but thats needed cause i overclock that box and it gets hot ._.)

appart from that warning it works perfectly

from that vague spec list and inane ramblings i would be thankful if someone could give it a rough estimate as to its worth so i dont make said older brother pay more (or less :whistle: ) then what its worth (or i could get him to buy me a corsair H60 for £50 off amazon if its not worth much and please no trollin :/)
(note: if this had broken any rules hide/delete away just send me a message telling me :ange:)

nagisa

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
he only needs it for his attempt to convert a manual lathe to computer controlled :/
ima say he can have it for a corsair h60 and i can throw in a better fan for him (and i paid about £20 for that fan its a good one (i think it was £20 but the shop i brought it for dosent sell it and amazon has it (http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Intel-Socket-Heatsink-Fan/dp/B000BSW9H8) but no price for it but its definetly better then the cheap thing i brought for the scrap box)

@wolfshadw
im underage XD

nagisa

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
i think i shall give him my better fan install windows xp on the box install all drivers etc, the computer and some free tech support for a corsair h60

nagisa

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

it works its just it was made to expect a case fan so it complains because it dosent have one

i use it for testing stuff :/

i want moneys! or at least a corsair h60

so after some feeed back im just going to ask for one of them

nagisa

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
^ he smashed the case case fan and cpu fan that the ex intel pavilion bits were in (the computer still worked but the cpu fan had lost a blade so i had to underclock the processor)

and by smashed i mean
he unplugged the computer
threw it downstairs
stamped on it

and it still worked perfectly afterwards (appart from said fan losing a blade)