Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CM690 II vs HAF 922 vs Antec Nine Hundred

Last response: in Components
Share
February 7, 2012 9:02:40 AM

Which's the Overall best? (performance, specs, design, reliability, etc) and why?

Cooler Master CM680 II. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Cooler Master HAF 922 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec Nine Hundred http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm chossing one Case and one PSU for my new PC and it gets hard to decide those items... (especially PSU, i'm buying TOPOWER.. (omg, you didn't know it exists, didn't you? :D  ) Any 750, 800w recommended?

Thanks!
a b ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 12:24:11 PM

+1 for the HAF 922.
I would pick up this PSU.
Related resources
a c 158 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 12:29:41 PM

What will your system specs be? Unless your doing high-end SLI/CF and heavy overclocking you're not likely to need more than a good 600W (probably not even that big). Great deal on the Seasonic S12II 620W at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:01:26 PM

Depending on your gpu the above suggestion is excellent.
February 7, 2012 1:06:11 PM

system is i5@2500k 3.3ghz - GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - Sapphire HD 6850 - 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz 1.5V CL9 - 1TB HDD Caviar Black 64mb 7200RPM - DVD...

These are the brands i can get for a PSU (not a SeaSonic): Sentey (anyone?), Cooler Master, Thermaltake, Antec and Corsair.

So, topower no.

What about these?

Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I really don't have many options guys, and i can get ONLY the brands i put before.

And about the MoBo... i'm thinking of CM690 II... i don't know why i like it, lol. But i'm open for more suggestions and if the Haf 922 is better for people, i'll but that.

Thanks!



a c 158 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:13:02 PM

Do you have a link to sites that you can buy from? That rig doesn't require more than a good quality 500W PSU...from the manufacturer's you listed I would stick with Corsair or Antec.
a b ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:18:29 PM

Yes only a 450W-500W PSU required. The PSU i linked is for high end setups with multi GPUs. You'd be fine with Antec Earthwatts 500W.
February 7, 2012 1:22:16 PM

Only SeaSonic i can't buy 'cause i'ts more difficult to get that brand here Apart from that, Corsair models i could get are GS and TX and Antec are the EA series, the links i put before are some good options? which's best?.

pd: i feel bad about my 3.3ghz i5. any link to put it 4.5ghz? then i'll need more Watts?

Thanks :) 
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:24:34 PM

MarianFrog said:
system is i5@2500k 3.3ghz - GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - Sapphire HD 6850 - 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz 1.5V CL9 - 1TB HDD Caviar Black 64mb 7200RPM.

These are the brands i can get for a PSU (not a SeaSonic): Sentey (anyone?), Cooler Master, Thermaltake, Antec and Corsair.

So, topower no.

What about these?

Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I really don't have many options guys, and i can get ONLY the brands i put before.

And about the MoBo... i'm thinking of CM690 II... i don't know why i like it, lol. But i'm open for more suggestions and if the Haf 922 is better for people, i'll but that.

Thanks!

I have a CM690II and there's alot to like about it = great case.
Buy an Antec or Corsair and like the guys pointed out you don't need a 700W+ psu.
A 500-600W is just fine.
Corsair TX line is the way to go then.
http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/enthusiast-se...
a b ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:30:06 PM

even with the OC yea 500W is enough.
a c 158 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:31:41 PM

+1 for Corsair TX series...the 550W would be sufficient.
February 7, 2012 1:47:02 PM

Ok, thanks guys. About the PSU, this come down to:

1) CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

[NOTE: I didn't put the TX650 V2 version found here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... because i don't know if i can get this, the other for sure, is there any difference?)

2) Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

So which u choose again? Even with OC and let's say i change the VGA from 6850 to 6870 or 6950) 650 watts it's more than enough?
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 1:54:13 PM

MarianFrog said:
Ok, thanks guys. About the PSU, this come down to:

1) CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

[NOTE: I didn't put the TX650 V2 version found here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... because i don't know if i can get this, the other for sure, is there any difference?)

2) Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

So which u choose again? Even with OC and let's say i change the VGA from 6850 to 6870 or 6950) 650 watts it's more than enough?

The difference between the Corsair units is the M series has semi-modular cabling, the TX cables are fixed.
I'd go for whatever Corsair TX unit you can afford = 5yr warranty,lots of 12v power
Antec(3yr) is good but the Corsairs are better imo.
February 7, 2012 2:36:49 PM

Ok, for the PSU i'm there i think, with the Corsair TX650M! And about the MoBo there is some new third option i can get apart from the CM690 II and the Haf 922 and it's the Lian Li cases... any references??

PC-K62 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PC-K7B http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PC-7B Plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

They are at the same level, above or below the CM 690 II, HAF 922 and 902V3?

Almost thereee :) 
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 7, 2012 2:48:29 PM

MarianFrog said:
Ok, for the PSU i'm there i think, with the Corsair TX650M! And about the MoBo there is some new third option i can get apart from the CM690 II and the Haf 922 and it's the Lian Li cases... any references??

PC-K62 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PC-K7B http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PC-7B Plus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

They are at the same level, above or below the CM 690 II, HAF 922 and 902V3?

Almost thereee :) 

You're just going to have to choose whatever case appeals to you the most.
Not one stinker in your list.
February 9, 2012 1:38:52 PM

Let's say i can take the Corsair Carbide Series 400R... it's the recommended among all the others? (and + Corsair PSU = Corsair team!)
February 9, 2012 8:54:36 PM

Any more opinions?
!