First build $1000 - Youtube Commentating

Lebrons Headband

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime this week, Monitor around Cyber Monday

Budget Range: 1000ish (1200 absolute max)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Bf3, Minecraft, 2k12, Fifa 12, GW2 when it comes out), Rendering videos, Learning c++ & Java, Internet

Parts Not Required: I don't have anything

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Tigerdirect, Amazon

Country of Origin: Republic of California

Parts Preferences: I5 2500k, 1 Tb, & 6850

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes (I'll be getting the other 6850 in January/February)

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:
I want to make a Youtube Channel where I upload my video game commentaries, so gameplay & video rendering are important.

I literally have no computer components so I'd need a OS and Monitor. I've never built a computer but I've been planning and doing research on all the components for a couple of months now and I'm ready to start pulling the trigger on some of these things. Last week, I tried to get a 1 Tb HDD (before the price went up too much ( it was priced at $99))+ 8 gig Ripjaws but my order didn't go through. Now combos are looking better and better.

This Combo From Newegg looks pretty good to me (I know the HDD prices are high but I don't want to wait another 2+ months for them to go down). Right Cpu, good amount of RAM, Good Case & 1 Tb. The only questions I have are about the Mobo (if it overclock's well) and the 650W PSU with crossfire + overclock.
(Cpu, Mobo, Ram, Psu, Hdd,Case Combo)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.755265

Also because of my OS and video rendering needs i found this combo with W7 & Sony Vegas.
(OS and Sony Vegas Combo)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.745118

I'll be getting more funds in February so I'll be able to get my 2nd 6850 to Crossfire and add a SSD.

Tell me what you think, thanks in advance.

beenthere

Distinguished
You've got a Helleva nice PC build budget @ $1000K per your thread title... ;)

If you want to objectively, accurately and scientifically determine what PSU power is required for your Vid card and PC in both watts and 12v rail amps., the forum Utility link below will show you how easy it is to calculate this information and objectively determine which PSUs are quality built, reliable PSUs that can meet your needs. Be advised that the available 12v rail amps. is just as important as the total PSU wattage. You need both to be correct.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

Lebrons Headband

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Oh Haha yeah that would be a great build, Fixed.

I used a power supply calculator to get the wattage and looked at the Guru3d review as a reference for crossfire. Everything seems ok, but it'll be close. That said I'll probably upgrade the Psu when I get the other 6850 in February, so I wont worry about it for now.

Other than that the combo's combined are: 625+140=765
Adding the screen, Gpu, Od, mouse and keyboard comes out around $1115