Purchasing new computer help

harolds

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I am at the point where I MUST get a new computer. My current one is over 10 years old and the memory limitations (less than 1 gig is max) have come to a point where I can no longer play the one game I play online successfully.

I need help on what to get as far as memory, video card, and cpu. I am not expert enough to build one, so I will have to try to find one I can tailor to my needs that is build for me, such as at Tiger Direct, Newegg, or Dell.

The only online game that I play now, or most likely will ever play is Runescape. I may, and that is a large MAY try to get into gaming if the new computer can handle the graphics and speed.

I have been looking at a AMD Radeon 6850 video card but after talking to some friends, think I may be looking at major overkill. I want as much ram memory as I can afford, and have been looking at 8 gig minimum. I don't know what to look for as far as the cpu is concerned. I have been thinking minimum of 1 TB of storage memory, but don't know if I need to worry about RAID 0 or RAID 1 type drives or just a standard drive.

I need to have Windors 7 Professional on the computer for work use, and the gaming part is for fun, not serious stuff.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.