Sprint & BMW

Last response: in Technologies
January 26, 2005 11:02:40 AM

Just got a new BMW x5 with built in bluetooth and the dealer is saying for
me to switch carriers because SPRINT does not have any compatable phones.
They said that Sprint usto carry the SE T605 but when they stopped that was
the end of the line for compatability. My question is that I really don't
want to go to Cingular or Verizon since I have 5 Sprint phones but I need
the bluetooth capability to work. Dose anone know if SPRINT is going to
come out with a bluetooth phone that is fully compliant in working with the
new BMW's? Or is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some
testing and fix the compatability issues so that it works and also transfers
the phone books to the car???? And No just in case you were wondering the
Palm update does not fix this phone to work with the BMW...

Gary

More about : sprint bmw

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:35:37 PM

In article <8iOJd.10196$rw.174@fed1read04>,
"Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just got a new BMW x5 with built in bluetooth and the dealer is saying for
> me to switch carriers because SPRINT does not have any compatable phones.
> They said that Sprint usto carry the SE T605 but when they stopped that was
> the end of the line for compatability. My question is that I really don't
> want to go to Cingular or Verizon since I have 5 Sprint phones but I need
> the bluetooth capability to work. Dose anone know if SPRINT is going to
> come out with a bluetooth phone that is fully compliant in working with the
> new BMW's? Or is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some
> testing and fix the compatability issues so that it works and also transfers
> the phone books to the car???? And No just in case you were wondering the
> Palm update does not fix this phone to work with the BMW...
>
> Gary

Looks like you answered your own question. If you need the Bluetooth
to work in your car, then you need to move from Sprint. You can always
sell your Sprint phones on eBay.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 4:26:53 AM

"Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new BMW x5 with built in bluetooth and the dealer is saying for
> me to switch carriers because SPRINT does not have any compatable phones.
> They said that Sprint usto carry the SE T605 but when they stopped that
> was
> the end of the line for compatability. My question is that I really don't
> want to go to Cingular or Verizon since I have 5 Sprint phones but I need
> the bluetooth capability to work. Dose anone know if SPRINT is going to
> come out with a bluetooth phone that is fully compliant in working with
> the
> new BMW's? Or is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some
> testing and fix the compatability issues so that it works and also
> transfers the phone books to the car???? And No just in case you were
> wondering the Palm update does not fix this phone to work with the BMW...

If you can afford a BMW x5 then you can afford to switch carriers! DON'T BE
SO DAMN CHEAP!
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 5:06:52 PM

You are right.... fortunatly I do have the means to switch.

However believe it or not I like both of these phones and Also like the
Sprint coverage where I do most of my business. I was hoping that these
companies would "learn" that there is a problem and work to resolve it. Or
perhaps they already have resolved it with either a new phone or a patch and
are just getting the kinks worked out before deployment.

In the end if I do not hear of a fix or of any pending new BT Sprint phones,
I will take my business to Cingular and be done with it even though it is
still a bit of a hassel to switch 5 phones.

Gary

!