Strange motherboard size.. Seeking replacement?

bl00dyMurd3r

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
This is the motherboard out of a Dell Inspiron 660s, and I want to replace it but it seems like it is either an elongated mini-itx motherboard, or a micro-atx with all of the ports on the short side rather than the longer side, therefore I'm not sure what can replace this.

I've labeled this pic with the approx dimensions and the mounting hole locations. If anyone knows of any LGA 1155 boards that could replace this, please respond, Thanks!

211kwic.jpg

Solution
If the board still works, I wouldn't replace it. If it doesn't, check with dell for warranty. Dells aren't that easy to upgrade. If you were to get a non dell board, mini-itx would be your best bet and use only the front 4 mounting holes. Otherwise, ditch the dell case and get a cheap micro atx case and ps so you can use a cheap micro-atx board. You'll need a new windows coa if you use a non dell board with your hardrive. Good luck.
If the board still works, I wouldn't replace it. If it doesn't, check with dell for warranty. Dells aren't that easy to upgrade. If you were to get a non dell board, mini-itx would be your best bet and use only the front 4 mounting holes. Otherwise, ditch the dell case and get a cheap micro atx case and ps so you can use a cheap micro-atx board. You'll need a new windows coa if you use a non dell board with your hardrive. Good luck.

Solution

bl00dyMurd3r

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

The board works fine, I just wanted to see what my options were because this board lacks PCIe 3.0 support (Want it for the extra wattage, my 7750 gobbles it when overclocked) and only has 2 sata ports. Also, I wanted to move away from B75 so in case I end up with a K series processor in the future, I can overclock.

Looks like I'll be looking into mini-itx boards, thanks!