Win 2000 :SP1
Athlon Thunderbird 900
LG CDRW
Nero Burning Rom 5.02

I've got to a point where Nero will burn CD's
at my drives tops speed of 6X but they are
unreadable afterwards. No error messages are
recieved during the burning process, and the
tests are always successfull (no buffer probs)

It will burn at 1X - but 1hour 10 mins for a CD
is a bit much...

any ideas?

Maxer

G

The question is, are you duplicating a CD or are you just making a CD. If you are creating a disc from scratch, it is possible that NERO BURN doesn't support that drive or that there is a problem with the drive it's self. It is also possilbe that the disc you are using will not read in that drive. I ran into that problem where I created a disc and it didn't work but I put it into my trusty DVD drive and it worked just fine. If you are duplicating a CD, the problem might be copy protection. Running at 1x ok is one meathod of getting around "block skipping". That's not an official term, just one I used to describe the copywrite protection. In that case you will have to use another software to run at higher speed. CloneCD is a well known program that can burn 95% of the CDs with copyprotection and still make a working copy. It is Shareware.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think your writer might be bad, or your software has a glitch. If it writes bad disk without reporting errors, I doubt the problem is anywhere else in the system.

Suicide is painless...........