Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Inte

Last response: in Motherboards
December 11, 2012 2:33:07 PM

Can I crossfire it?
Can somebody explain to me why is one a PCI 3, and other PCI 2?
(I am new to PC gaming).
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 3:31:29 PM

No to crossfire; most micro atx boards don't permit it, but here's one with free ram and crossfire support:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... ($150 after rebate at newegg with free 2x4 gb ram). My newegg links aren't working.

Features will vary by board price and chipset. Just check carefully before you order.

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 121 V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 3:32:03 PM

There is only a single full bandwidth PCIe slot, so no, you can not xFire or SLI it.

One is PCIe 3 and one is PCIe 2 because that is what the engineers wanted to make lol.

Coming from the CPU there are only a total of 24 PCIe lanes, that have to be distributed between Graphics, Peripherals, Storage. Those have to be divided in whatever makes sense for the purpose of the MB. Small form factor MB's rarely have SLI / xFire configs due to the purpose of being small.
Related resources
December 11, 2012 3:34:04 PM

itzdanielp said:
There is only a single full bandwidth PCIe slot, so no, you can not xFire or SLI it.

One is PCIe 3 and one is PCIe 2 because that is what the engineers wanted to make lol.

Coming from the CPU there are only a total of 24 PCIe lanes, that have to be distributed between Graphics, Peripherals, Storage. Those have to be divided in whatever makes sense for the purpose of the MB. Small form factor MB's rarely have SLI / xFire configs due to the purpose of being small.

Dam you greedy ASUS!
December 11, 2012 3:51:07 PM

MB ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Sck.1155
Can this one crossfire?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 121 V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 4:14:13 PM

Very nice
December 11, 2012 4:15:47 PM

itzdanielp said:
Very nice

Metro Last Light will rock with it :)