Half-Life Blue Shift Issues *DELETED* *DELETED*

G

=) It's not that you can't jump high enough, it's your technique. If you run through the training program they will teach you a technique called jump-crouching. Basically you jump and then hit the crouch key whilst you're in the air, this will give you the extra height you need to get where you want to be =)

Speaking of OpForce, I just beat it the other day. I can't say that it was better than the first, I actually didn't think it was nearly as good. First of all the game seemed really short. I played it on normal skill level and wasn't too challenged except at the end, when endless amounts of those spiders and lightening grunts come at ya. Anyhoo, I'm going to start work on Blue-Shift now.

There is a problem that I get with both games though...I have the High Definition Pack installed BTW. I get pretty bad mouse lag on both games sometimes. I'll move the mouse and then a delay of about .2 seconds (I'm guessing here) will occur before the movement is reflected on screen. Pretty annoying.

866PIII
64MB GeForce2GTS
IBM Deskstar 75GXP
12.41 Det Drivers
Mouse overclocked to 200MHz

any ideas?

FiberTech

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2001
That'll teach me to think I know it all already. I will give it a try. I've also noticed that the mouse is really sloppy at times also. But the effect I notice is like you're sliding around on ice. Never noticed it before in Half-Life or any of the mods I've messed with. Might have something to do with the HD pack.
You should finish Blue Shift pretty fast. It's not very big. I finished it in less than 4 hours. Still fun though.
Thanks again for the help.

<b>Nothing is more dangerous than stupid people in large numbers</b>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
this might be pretty obvious, but have you guys adjusted the mouse sensitivity in advanced controls of the game?

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
opposing force was short due to the fact that it was an expansion. blue shift, however, was just ridiculously short. i finished it in about 2 hours. the one thing i like about all 3 (hl, opforce, bshift) is that the storyline of all 3 is just completely tight and interwoven, it just so damn awesome from a 3d shooter.

eh, i'll procrastinate later...

TRENDING THREADS