Corporate account support--wow

I've been having some issues lately with bad reception and dropped
calls, and I've been dealing with our corporate rep to see if we can
solve the problem.

It's not solved, but I have to say it's been an incredibly good
experience so far. She's doing everything I've suggested to check up on
this, and has done so in a very timely fashion. Our agreed-upon next
step was to get me a different model phone, and she got that going right
quickly. (In fact, finding a new model phone for me is very impressive,
as I'm a blue customer.)

If the new model phone doesn't change anything for me, that will be VERY
telling in my situation. The only step left after that, if needed, is
to switch me from blue to orange. THAT will be the true test of how
well they're handling things, as I have a blue plan that's superb and
that I refuse to give up (and I also refuse to pay $18 per line to
switch from blue to orange, just on general principle). I might buy
orange equipment to replace my blue equipment, but that's about as far
as I would ever go.

Anyway, I know some of you have horror stories. I just thought I'd post
a counterpoint to those. Cingular does know *how* to take care of
customers, apparently, at least up to a certain point.

Well, a corporate customer is different than a regular customer

Ralph Blach wrote:

> Well, a corporate customer is different than a regular customer

Yes, that is true. A corporate customer is more likely to polite and
co-operative while talking to customer service, while an end-user consumer is
more likely to be upset, rude, and demanding.

TH

In article <42B56D1E.D67D3119@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <email@example.net> wrote:

> Ralph Blach wrote:
>
> > Well, a corporate customer is different than a regular customer
>
> Yes, that is true. A corporate customer is more likely to polite and
> co-operative while talking to customer service, while an end-user consumer is
> more likely to be upset, rude, and demanding.

Yeah, that was pretty much my answer to him as well.

Actually, we've done all of this via email so far. I was courteous, but
firm in my position that whatever started a few weeks ago was brand new,
and that something must have changed somewhere for me to be getting all
the dropped calls and "no service" areas all of the sudden.

Since I had the opportunity to switch phones with my wife, and the
behavior continued, I was able to eliminate my specific piece of
equipment and put further suspicion on their network. Now it's a matter
of eliminating the model of phone we both use, and Cingular was happy to
help me do that with a different phone that I could return within 30
days if it didn't solve the problem.

What surprised me was that they had a blue Moto V551 to send me.

All via email. Very nice, very professional.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:03:26 -0400, Tropical Haven <email@example.net>
graced us with:

>Ralph Blach wrote:
>
>> Well, a corporate customer is different than a regular customer
>
>Yes, that is true. A corporate customer is more likely to polite and
>co-operative while talking to customer service, while an end-user consumer is
>more likely to be upset, rude, and demanding.
>
>TH

That's about as valid a pronouncement as saying posters to Usenet are
more likely to be fringe lunatics that deal in innuendo and rumors
rather than facts. While you DO run across those types often, it
certainly doesn't represent EVERY poster. Nor does your blanket
statement represent the average consumer.

And it certainly doesn't excuse poor customer service. I've had some
great experiences with CS reps, and I've had some poor experiences. It
seems to me that like anything else, personal committment to your job
makes all the difference.

Rather than painting every consumer or every CSR with a broad brush,
maybe address the issues...chief among them the poor training and lack
if info provided to front line CSRs which often resultsin the level of
frustration you quote.

subdude