Sign in with
Your question

New computer - Keeps crashing. Advice plz

Last response: in Windows 8
January 17, 2013 4:25:00 PM

Hey all,

I just bought a computer off of cyberpowerpc (was hesitant, but had two friends who received working computers). When I first got it, it kept crashing from memory_management. I ran memtest on each stick of RAM and got an error so I'm waiting for the new RAM. Right now I'm borrowing some RAM from my roommate. I still had the computer crash on me the other day though. I'm posting a picture of the crash reports with my computer specs.

I'm not a pc pro, but some other things I've noted:
- ran sfc/scannow: results said there were errors and couldn't fix all of them
- ran chkdsk: results said there were errors. I was afraid to run in repair mode because I wasn't sure what it would do
- in device manager I have an error for "PCI simple Communications Controller" under "other devices". I'm guessing this is for the installed wireless adapter

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get this computer to have no errors.

Thank you
January 17, 2013 4:34:55 PM

maybe you got a virus. if you get a blue screen or shut-down soon after turning it on, check that the cpu cooler was installed properly, sometimes people forget to plug it in. I never ordered a computer from that website, so I can't personally tell you if they're reliable and if you just got malware.
m
l
January 17, 2013 4:41:47 PM

Hello,
"- in device manager I have an error for "PCI simple Communications Controller" under "other devices""
for this error you have to download intel update utility as you are missing some driver http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/

from the chkdsk it sounds like you have a faulty hard drive
m
l
January 17, 2013 4:55:50 PM

If you ordered a prebuilt system and it won't even stay turned on, I would just RMA the entire thing. Isn't that the purpose of ordering prebuilt vs. building your own? I personally prefer to build, but for those who are trying to save time, any issues with a prebuilt system should be an insta-RMA.
m
l
!