Closed Solved

H100 thermal paste?

Hello,
I recently built a computer using a h100 CPU cooler. When I was attaching the cooler I had the wrong screws, so I had to take the cpu block off the cpu for like 30 seconds to fix the problem and then I remounted it correctly, do I need to reapply thermal paste to my cpu or am I fine with the stuff that came on the cooler?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about h100 thermal paste
  1. Best answer
    Nope, you are fine. The paste should smoosh down again like it did before. Just use a temp monitoring program to make sure! :)
  2. That would depend on the condition of the thermal paste/wax. If there are foreign particles in it now or voids in the coverage, you need to re-apply. It doesn't take much to mess it up.
  3. thanks, do you know what temps i should expect from an h100 with a 2500k at 4.5 ghz?
  4. muunda said:
    thanks, do you know what temps i should expect from an h100 with a 2500k at 4.5 ghz?

Well, what voltage? I am going to assume 1.31-1.34v and you should get around 50-60C with a case with good air flow. If you get under 50C, then you are doing awesome! I would expect around 55C under load though. Prime might give somewhere around 65C.
  5. There is no way to predict temps on a particular CPU. Too many variables such as auto voltage from the board, stepping of the CPU, etc.

Using CoreTemp, if all 4 cores are under 70c while running Prime95, you are probably in good shape.
  6. thanks, everything is fine then, also would it make a major difference if i were to get new fans for the radiator?
  7. muunda said:
    thanks, everything is fine then, also would it make a major difference if i were to get new fans for the radiator?

If the fans were faster, but the Corsair ones are pretty good. You are fine brotowski! ;)
  8. Thank you so much
  9. No problemo! Just pick a best answer so a mod knows to close the thread! :)
  10. Best answer selected by Muunda.
  11. This topic has been closed by Pyree
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Thermal Compound CPUs Components