Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Static/Stutter Noise from Speakers.

Last response: in Components
February 7, 2012 8:34:11 PM

I have problem, i get this loud static clicky noise that is going through my speakers. What i have noticed is that when i'm booted on to Windows the sound appears. It seems like whenever my CPU is running a program the sound gets horribly worse when it's at 15-20% load. It's unbearably if my CPU is on 50-100% on Games etc. I'm using a USB Audio interface i have tried it on different computers and there is no noise coming from the speakers at all, so it seems it is my computer that I am using. I have tried disabling the driver but the noise is still generated. Does anybody have an Idea on how I can fix this problem? Also even when i try using onboard Audio i still get the horrible sound. Greatly Appreciate any solutions that might help me fix this problem.
February 7, 2012 9:25:55 PM

Wait, so your using a USB connection for the speakers? If so try using an adapter that will change that to a 3.5mm audio jack, although the speakers probably run through USB so it can be powered. In that case try using other USB ports on the computer?
m
l
February 7, 2012 9:35:18 PM

the dood said:
Wait, so your using a USB connection for the speakers? If so try using an adapter that will change that to a 3.5mm audio jack, although the speakers probably run through USB so it can be powered. In that case try using other USB ports on the computer?

I have Studio Monitors that are running through the USB Audio Interface so i cannot convert that. I have tried all the USB Ports that are available, i'm getting the same type of sound through all of the USB connections.
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2012 11:07:43 PM

check all usb connector on the board and see if nothing touch the case frame when you plug usb audio component
m
l
February 8, 2012 1:53:53 AM

scout_03 said:
check all usb connector on the board and see if nothing touch the case frame when you plug usb audio component

Checked not seeing anything touch the case frame.
m
l

Best solution

February 8, 2012 5:58:05 PM

read back post seem that when cpu is ask for more power sound get higher would check cpu fan and connector if you have a spare fan that you could try on the cpu to see if noise still on
February 8, 2012 7:03:13 PM

scout_03 said:
read back post seem that when cpu is ask for more power sound get higher would check cpu fan and connector if you have a spare fan that you could try on the cpu to see if noise still on

Alright i'm planning on getting a new fan anyways so ill see if that will work.
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:41:47 AM

Best answer selected by venzin.
m
l
!