Not a gamer still need a card

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyhank24

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
im not a gamer i just want a good card to use for video from sites like hulu and you tube and divx i want to hook my pc up to my 47 inch lcd i was thinking n-vidia cause i have a core 2 duo but i only have a 300 watt psu so my pc cant handle or aford a big powerful gpu and it would be a waste since i only game on my xbox so i was thinking
Zotac gt 220 1g ddr2
zotac gt 430 1g ddr3
xfx gt 520 1g ddr3
pny gt 240 512 ddr5

there all around the same price but is it worth spending the extra 10-20 bucks since im just getting this card for watching video or should i just get the cheapest card i can get will the cheapest card handle the big lcd tv

Solution
You can never tell what you may do 6 months or one year or more from now and it wouldn't hurt to get a decent card just incase cicumstances change and you end up gaming on the computer , you never know , and then you would be stuck trying to upgrade when you could already have the computer set to go. But it's your Pc and your budget and your choice , I just threw that out there as food for thought.
You can never tell what you may do 6 months or one year or more from now and it wouldn't hurt to get a decent card just incase cicumstances change and you end up gaming on the computer , you never know , and then you would be stuck trying to upgrade when you could already have the computer set to go. But it's your Pc and your budget and your choice , I just threw that out there as food for thought.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.