No Display with Sapphire HD 6870

Last response: in Systems
November 7, 2011 7:05:38 PM

I have upgraded my computer to the following:

i5-2500K
8gb (2 x 4gb) Corsair
Asus P8H61-M LE/USB3
Sapphire HD 6870

After installing all parts and turning on the computer there was no display on the screen. When plugging in the monitor there is a black screen. When the monitor is not plugged in the monitor displays check input cable. I have tried the graphics card on a different computer and it works fine. I have tried using the old graphics card (nvidia 9800gtx+) which works fine. So I'm thinking it's a motherboard issue. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.

More about : display sapphire 6870

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
November 7, 2011 7:27:37 PM

The H61 mb has a graphics connector .
Assuming you are not connecting to that instead of the ones on the graphics card ......

What power supply is in the H61 system ? Does it have enough juice for the 6870?

Have you tried the graphics plugged in to the mb with the card out of the computer?
November 7, 2011 7:53:24 PM

Nope im connecting it directly to the graphics card both times.

Both computers have 700W so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think I did try that and there was a display (not sure though).
Related resources
a b C Monitor
November 7, 2011 8:28:08 PM

Well if you get a display from the mb connector you may be able to enable the graphics card in BIOS . Its possible that the mb isnt automatically detecting the graphics card .

You could also install windows and get the computer booted , which will help eliminate a few other possibilities
November 7, 2011 8:47:44 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

The computer is fully installed with windows and updates its just an upgrade so everythings ok there.

If the setting is already enabled what else could be wrong?
a b C Monitor
November 7, 2011 9:11:14 PM

a whole bunch of nVidia software and drivers you didnt clean out first?
November 7, 2011 9:16:25 PM

Will try that thanks, the other computer it was tried on had nvidia drivers on and worked fine.
November 7, 2011 9:48:00 PM

What's wrong with them together?
!