Base system device drivers for sony vaio VGN-CS15GN

I am unable to my sony viao vgn-nr21s because of its screen has failed to show any thing meaning full. Please send us any reasonable advise to handle the situation
Robert
10 answers Last reply
More about base system device drivers sony vaio cs15gn
  1. Hello Robert_57;

Is the screen completely dark?
  2. NO. YOU CAN HARDLY RECOGNIZE ANY THING BUT HAS LIGHT BLUE COLUMNS INTERMINGLED WITH PURPLE COLOUR
  3. NO. YOU CAN HARDLY RECOGNIZE ANY THING BUT HAS LIGHT BLUE COLUMNS INTERMINGLED WITH PURPLE COLOUR
  4. And the screen was working fine until recently? Did you do anything to the laptop?
  5. WR2 said:
    And the screen was working fine until recently? Did you do anything to the laptop?

YES,THE SCREEN SUDDENLY DEVELOPED THIS FAILURE. WE HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING SIGNIFICATE TO THE LAPTOP.
  6. Are you sure it wasn't dropped, or sat on, or something like that?
    I very much doubt a change of driver can fix that type of problem.
    It sounds like the LCD screen itself has been damaged.
  7. WR2 said:
    Are you sure it wasn't dropped, or sat on, or something like that?
    I very much doubt a change of driver can fix that type of problem.
    It sounds like the LCD screen itself has been damaged.

WE HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL ALL KINDS OF DRIVERS TO REPAIR IT WITHOUT MUCH SUCCESS. IT HAS NOT BEEN DROPPED IN ANYWAY. LCD SCREEN LOOKS FAULTY. BUT WE TRIED TO USE A SECOND SCREEN WITHOUT MUCH SUCCESS.
  8. Driver (software) changes will not repair a damaged LCD screen.

Second screen? Like an external monitor?
    Did you follow the user guide's instructions on how to set that up?
  9. WR2 said:
    Driver (software) changes will not repair a damaged LCD screen.

Second screen? Like an external monitor?
    Did you follow the user guide's instructions on how to set that up?

AFTER PLUGING IN THE CABLE OF THE EXTERNAL MONITOR PRESSED FN AND F8 ON THE KEY BOARD. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS
  10. That sounds right.
    But that could also be bad news. It might be the motherboard/video chipset causing the problem instead of the LCD screen itself.
    You really do need to take the laptop into a shop with a qualified repair technician. That's probably the only way you're going to find out what really is going on with that laptop.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Sony Vaio Devices Windows 7