Why does my page keep jumping on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

msprissysmom

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
My Google Chrome Page & Internet Explorer 9 page are jumping up and down I go to click on something and sometimes I click on something at the bottom of the page instead? Been going on for about a month. Every once in a while I will Google the question, and this time I ended up here. Have Norton 360 and ran all the virus scan that are available, I have a Gamers Unite Toolbar as well. I play games on Facebook. I have Active X and Adobe Flash Player all latest versions. My Computer is a Dell Windows 7 desktop. I ask for help on the Help & Support they suggested to change to 64 bit monitor display but mine only has 32 bit option. Not sure if the sub-category is correct but it would not let me submit unless I chose 1. Also I disabled the Windows games this am and it seems as though, regular pages have stopped jumping but still jumping on the games thru Facebook.

bdealva

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I just did a system restore from a disk image that was about a year old. I am running64 bit Windows 7 Pro. After doing the restore I had to install about 94 windows updates and update all my software, including Chrome. I did not have the problem before doing the restore. I suspect the problem has something to do with the mouse driver (Logitech Setpoint).

Curious to know whether you found a solution to your page jumping issue...

bdealva

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Ok, I just confirmed the problem on my system was due to the smooth scrolling feature in the Logitech setpoint software. I discovered I had the same problem in Internet Explorer 9. After disabling the "feature" the problem disappeared in both browsers.

G

I have had this problem and so have many of my friends. I'm not computer technical but my friend who looks after my computer said that he has heard of hundreds, maybe thousands of people with this problem and the common factor seems to be Facebook that is infecting your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.