Sign in with
Your question

Took out my cpu and put back in computer wont work

Last response: in CPUs
February 8, 2012 6:17:51 AM

Hey, peeps i took out my cpu from the socket because the socket had a couple bent pins i tried to unbend them but it didnt work they are sticking up too much when i put my processor back in and shut the lock i attatched the cpu cooler and now when i boot my pc the mouse or keyboard dont power and the motherboard beeps really fast
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2012 6:23:00 AM

I doubt you want to hear this, but you probably killed it.

To be clear, is it a cpu with bent pins or the mobo's socket has bent pins?
m
l
February 8, 2012 6:33:16 AM

the mobo
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2012 6:34:18 AM

its cool if the cpu fries but i want the motherboard too work what do i do bout the pins i dont want to buy another windows 7 if i need a new mobo wtf!
m
l
February 8, 2012 7:00:08 AM

Well, you never touch the CPU pins on the mobo. NEVER!I don't know if you need to get a new Win7. Don't try to fix things like that yourself, if there are bent CPU pins, ask the maufacturer.
m
l
February 8, 2012 7:54:31 AM

If you got the mobo in the last year im sure with a bit or pursuasion the manafacturers will give you a replacement, If its the cpu, then sorry but usually you wont get another one. Do you not still have your win 7 disk?
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2012 9:01:04 AM

seumas_beathan said:
If you got the mobo in the last year im sure with a bit or pursuasion the manafacturers will give you a replacement, If its the cpu, then sorry but usually you wont get another one. Do you not still have your win 7 disk?

personally because he has tried to fix it himself i doubt the manufacturer/supplier will replace the part.

always inspect your parts before you install them, if bits are missing/damaged or dont look right call the manufacture or research it.

(many places like scan.co.uk offer installation insurance cheap. bought a card reader from them and it cost 87p for instalation insurance. insurance is cheap get it then it will save you a fortune if you damage it when installing)

he dosnt need it. he can either ectract the windows key from his current installtion, by pluggin drive into another computer

or by booting it in safe mode on another computer and getting rid of old drivers so that when he puts it in new computer windows will default to trying to load it first of all with the built in generic drivers

if that fails then a simple rapair install will restore the generic drivers.

for all of you people that say this isnt possible. if it wasnt how did you install your os in the first place?
m
l
February 8, 2012 1:25:25 PM

what do i do then
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2012 1:39:02 PM

Seeing as there's a low chance of getting a replacement, id say give it another try to straighten the pins.
m
l
!