Advice on first build.

doje

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
This will be my first build, I'm pretty excited, but I'm no pro and looking for some help. I've got a lot of experience and some basic knowledge, done a lot of hardware swapping and the like, I think I should be okay.

Looking for some suggestions on parts or a part list that can help me match my budget. Looking to spend less than $1000 altogether I hope but I'm also really interested in going 3-d. I have no experience with that whatsoever and I'm not sure if basic parts would support it.

I use my computer instead of a TV so it's like the center of my livingroom so it has to look halfway decent. Thats why I decided I'm probably gonna go with the Lanboy Air, its pretty boss looking in my opinion and all the space in there should make for a real easy first build.

Finally I'm not sure about my display. For a monitor I'd like to go big enough (around 40'' or more) Do I need a special monitor for 3-D games/movies? I was also thinking maybe I should grab a big LCD TV, theyre super cheap these days, and use that instead of a monitor? Or would that make me unable to view in 3-D?

Thanks for any help and replies!

doje

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

Oops, thanks, I'll use the template!