How to check each components

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
recently i flashed the bios which went wrong, i was unable to recover the bios so i gave that pc to a technician who told me that cpu and motherboard are sorted.
I think he is willing to make some money from me, i mean i flashed the bios which went worng and nothing else (no smoke, no smell, no display) and the technician is saying that board and cpu are sorted (short circuited) , how this can be.

I am getting no display, fans rotate for 2 second and then off, keboard and floppy drive lights flashes for split second, usb and cd are not giving any responses

So how to check each components when a spare pc is not available?

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
If the BIOS is corrupted then there isn't a lot you can do, Unless you have an older PC with the removable BIOS chips.

Ask the technician what he would recommend, (Decline any offers from him if he try's to sell you a PC). If he does recommend a new PC which im guessing he will, you can find cheap ones on new egg or Ebuyer.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
thanks for the reply

the bios chip is nonremovable , a chip which is welded at the board. Is there anything that i can do to that?

technician was trying to sell me a cpu+mobn+ram kit but i refused that, also he stated that the cpu and board are shortcircuited which is somewhat less likely to happen

A replacement BIOS chip or a reflash of the BIOS with standalone programmer might work. Technician would need to un-solder the chip, replace with a new BIOS chip or reprogram the BIOS, and re-solder.

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
technicians here are charging even for touching the thing, but i will try that.

The Technician was telling me that a corrupt bios will give a display and my pc is not giving any display and thus he stated that my board and cpu are shortcircuited.
Also he added that my psu shuts down after around 2 seconds only at every hard restart of the system. Which is a proof of shortcircuit according to the technician.

Also does a wrong flash (crossflash) voids the warrenty of board and cpu?

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
i took the board to another technician, but now situation is that the psu fan spins for less than half second and keyboard, floppy drive, power led and cpu fans are also not powering up, is that mean the technician have damaged my board?
i found some signs of resoldered transistor, also i found that 1 transistor missing from its place (because of shiny new layer of soldring wire).
Does it mean that the technician have made my board a complete piece of junk?

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Not much you can do with the wrong BIOS loaded.

Maybe try clearing the CMOS with JBAT1 3-pin header.

You could RMA the motherboard to MSI or get a new motherboard. I doubt the other components have been damaged.