tickay

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hi there,i have a ASUS M5A97 motherboard and just realised that i hae to update the bios......i tried looking on the internet and found out that after i download the update rar from the ASUS website, i have to unrar the file and drag the rom file into the C:/ directory...However,i was told to update it from the boot menu which i couldnt...can someone help me ? :(((

Hi, You need to access the BIOS for flashing it (on this board).
What CPU are you using? The board's BIOS version is on a sticker near the 24-pin connector (the last 4 digits).
Options: borrow a supported CPU, buy a BIOS chip flashed with the latest version and replace the board's one, contact the reseller or a local shop.

Beshires1

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
You do not have to access the bios or use the flash drive method but you absolutely can download the AI Suite II 2.01.01 utility from Asus site. Next download the updated bios from Asus and save in a folder Be sure to rename the extracted file to M5A97R20.CAP. Start the AI Suite utility, click on the first button with the AI on it and navigate to Asus update in the drop down menu. Click on Asus update it will take a minute for the program to load its interface. when loaded tick the box beside "upload the bios from file". Then show the program your file and click on it to load. It will load the file and update your bios . I could not get the utility to download updated files from Asus. Nor could I use my Bios Flashback My bios was corrupt and I had no control over the mouse when I entered my Bios. (frustrating). I accidentally stumbled upon this method while trying desperately to upgrade my bios. This Did the trick without any problems whatsoever.I hope this helps anyone having problems updating their M5A97 Bios.

Erekose7

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

i used this method, it prompted for me to reboot the system, but after the computer started back up i got a completely blank screen. no bios, no windows, and smashing the <del> key wouldnt bring up configuration. Any suggestions? I've been at it all day.

seaneg

Reputable
May 18, 2015

where did u get the update i dont see the m5a97 on the supported list