Solved

Which gts 560 ti to select ?

Hi,

After reading the "best video cards for your money" article, I decided to pick the nvidia gtx 560 because I had problems with ati cards before and I want to avoid them.

So I went on newegg and.... OMG, there are so many different GTX560 cards and the price range is pretty big for "the same GPU".

Is there anyway to know which card is better even if they have the same GPU or the price is a good indication ?

Thanks !!!
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which select
  1. Get an EVGA, Asus, Sapphire, MSI or XFX. Often the higher priced cards are factory overclocked ( look at the core mhz ) but you can always do that yourself.
  2. Stay away from the XFX, I've heard bad things about their heatsink quality. You can't go wrong with the others though. EVGA rocks, Asus too. For me EVGA>ASUS-SAPHIRE>MSI>XFX, it's my opinion so you should take it as such ^^.
  3. Thats why i put them in that order. Don't know about XFX having bad heatsinks, i've got one since two days, we'll see. Anyway in the USA XFX offers a very long, or lifetime warrenty i believe. Thats a big plus. (that's also a big plus when you ever wanne sell it second hand, when i would buy second hand i would go for the XFX, still with warrenty before the others who's guarantee is expired. )
  4. I have a couple of EVGA 560ti's in SLI, the first one I bought several months ago when they first came out, and the second a couple of weeks ago. Very happy with first one, and so far loving the second one in SLI.
  5. Asus (950 MHz one) or MSI (880 MHz or higher).
  6. Inty said:
    Hi,

    After reading the "best video cards for your money" article, I decided to pick the nvidia gtx 560 because I had problems with ati cards before and I want to avoid them.

    So I went on newegg and.... OMG, there are so many different GTX560 cards and the price range is pretty big for "the same GPU".

    Is there anyway to know which card is better even if they have the same GPU or the price is a good indication ?

    Thanks !!!


    First off, your title says GTS560ti, which there is no such thing. Your post says GTX560.

    So what are we talking about here?? GTS? GTX560? GTX560ti? They are not the same cards, they are different models.

    Oh and there is absolutely nothing wrong with ATI cards, just because you were unable to set yours up correctly does not mean there is something wrong with them. In fact Tom's recommends almost exclusively ATI cards as the best bang for the buck and never once in the reviews do they mention anything wrong with them.
  7. GeekApp. how did you become such a loveble person ? :love: I think it's save to say he means a 560 ti. ( because indeed there is no gts 560 and in the title it says 560 TI ( and now he probably gives a reaction stating that he meant a 550, making me look like a fool. ) ( too late, i know ) :bounce:
  8. This is what I use to help me out on deciding which cards to recommend to people. So you should at least check it out.

    http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-card-641.html

    At the bottom of the stats, there is a list of all the 560 ti out or have been out. In the top right of that box you will see a box inside a smaller box which should be the one on the right side. Click that one and the box should increase in length. The ones with prices on the right are the ones that the manufactures are still selling. You can compare stats side by side.


    You should also look at benchmarks on those cards. Try checking out the overclockersclub.com since they benchmark individual cards. For example, you can compare a MSI 560 ti to a ASUS 560 ti

    MSI review
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/msi_560gtx_hawk/

    ASUS review
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_asus_gtx560ti/2.htm

    These are what I like to use to compare cards and their prices. Also they use some of the latest parts. You will not have the same performance as they did, but you will still get great performance from your computer without a doubt.

    By any chance can you let us know what specs your computer has? You may end up bottlenecking your graphics card if your computer cant keep up with it.
  9. XFX and Sapphire do not make Nvidia cards. The highest factory overclock that Asus uses is 900 mhz on their TOP edition.

    Here are my recommendations:
    Galaxy (it's the cheapest one, comes with a unique fan design, and includes a free game)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162074
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3811/galaxy_geforce_gtx_560_ti_1gb_gc_video_card_overclocked/index.html

    PNY (Also a good deal, comes with a decent factory overclock 900 mhz, lifetime warranty, and a free game)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133380

    MSI Hawk (nice design, upgraded components, high factory overclock 950 mhz, also comes with a free game, but is more expensive)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578
  10. "XFX and Sapphire do not make Nvidia cards." O ja, forgot that. :whistle: I would take number 2, Galaxy is brrrrrrrrrr and the upgraded components of MSI don't say nothing, mine died after a year. ( altough the :fou: 465 :fou: processor might be the problem i think. )
  11. Btw Matto, Life IS a mistake, music ( and games ! ) just makes it bareble. :lol:
  12. GreenDutchAlien said:
    "XFX and Sapphire do not make Nvidia cards." O ja, forgot that. :whistle: I would take number 2, Galaxy is brrrrrrrrrr and the upgraded components of MSI don't say nothing, mine died after a year. ( altough the :fou: 465 :fou: processor might be the problem i think. )


    It IS the 465. MSI is great.

    I could SWEAR I saw a 950 MHz Asus GTX 560 Ti once, but I guess I was wrong. Still, their 900 MHz one is very good.
  13. 17seconds said:
    XFX and Sapphire do not make Nvidia cards. The highest factory overclock that Asus uses is 900 mhz on their TOP edition.

    Here are my recommendations:
    Galaxy (it's the cheapest one, comes with a unique fan design, and includes a free game)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162074
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3811/galaxy_geforce_gtx_560_ti_1gb_gc_video_card_overclocked/index.html

    PNY (Also a good deal, comes with a decent factory overclock 900 mhz, lifetime warranty, and a free game)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133380

    MSI Hawk (nice design, upgraded components, high factory overclock 950 mhz, also comes with a free game, but is more expensive)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578



    Wow sorry about the xfx/saphire, you're right they don't make nvidia. Got confused with my GTS 8800 alpha dog being an XFX, I thought they were still allied with the green banner!
  14. "It IS the 465" ; yeah, i know, the bloody thing never worked right from the start. :fou: Not fair to blame MSI, you're right. SORRY MSI ! ( but a very big GRRRRRR to Nvidea making a processor like that )
  15. Thanks to everyone for the fast replies.
  16. Thanks to everyone for the fast replies.

    I was looking to upgrade my video card from 8800GT.

    to answer MrComputerGuy, here is my pc :


    My CPU is Q6600 if i remember correctly (quad code @ 2.4GHz)
    my mobo is an nvidia 680i LT
    4GB of RAM but can't remember from which company nor the speed.

    It's getting pretty old and I have artifacts in almost every game now so I'm looking for a new one !
  17. 6870 will do also fine on that system i think.
  18. Best answer
    You should get 2gb more ram just in case and overclock your Q6600 to a 2.60ghz or preferable 2.80ghz. Those stats will slow your gpu down by a lot. Maybe upgrade your power supply to a 600watt powersupply (around $80)and get a HD 5670(around $65). You will get a great performance gain from those three upgrades. The 560 ti gtx is going to get bottlenecked by your stats, so a hd 5670 should be a suitable upgrade from a x1055.
  19. Best answer selected by Inty.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product