DComander1x

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hi, I currently have an AMD FX-6300 and a ASRock 880GM-LE FX motherboard. That motherboard died suddenly and am thinking of RMAing it. I am also thinking of replacing the board with another rather then dealing with the company. I have been looking, and so far, haven't made a decision (too many to choose), so I am asking the community for any recommendations. Here is the following guidelines to what I am looking for -

1. Must Be Under $100
2. Must have decent OverClocking Abilities
3. Must Have a PCI slot - I got a cheap soundcard that I like and want to use it
4. Must have 4 RAM Slots
5. Must have an IDE port - Don't have any SATA CD/DVD drives lying around, just IDE CD/DVD drives.

If anyone can help recommend a board or what to do, please do and thanks to anyone who does.

Danny C

DComander1x

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

I do have an older CPU, but its in use with my Desktop In my sig, so I would need something plug-and-play, as well as something less then $98, as I am on a strict budget, due to being unemployed (my business isn't doing quite well), but if you recommend Asus, I will look at their boards.

DComander1x

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

True, then again, Ive never tried a SATA to IDE adapter, and not sure if they even work for my drives.

my drive that I use for the build is a IDE DVD±RW, as I don't have any SATA DVD Drives, All I have are IDE CD & DVD drives from older computers that I had, before they quit on me. I can look at getting a SATA one, but between the motherboard and a new drive, combined with the shipping = going higher then what I can afford at the moment, though I try.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
You need an AM3+ Motherboard but want it to have an IDE buss so you won’t have to replace a CD ROM drive…

Dude, you are walking over dollars to save a dime. A SATA DVD ROM cost less than $25. However any motherboard you are looking at getting will have DDR2 / SATA 2.0 on it, most likely. Spend the 25 bucks and get a new CD ROM, then you can get a MB with DDR3 and SATA 3.0 support:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131754R
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280

DComander1x

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

The only reason I specify IDE support is that I have a ton of old IDE CD / DVD Drives lying around taking up space, I understand that tech is on its way out, and would love to get a SATA drive.