Sign in with
Your question

RAM not compatible with CPU?

Last response: in Memory
December 12, 2012 7:27:04 AM

upgraded my RAM, MotherBoard and CPU to 4GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 MHz, ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS 760G Socket AM3+ Motherboard and an FX-8320 CPU. My pc worked great before i upgraded, now it wont boot and im assuming its because of the RAM because it shows on the box the Phenom II, the i3, i5 and i7, so im assuming it doesnt work with it? am i correct and is the RAM the problem? Is it compatible with the Mothercord and not the CPU or?!?!?!? let me know thx!

More about : ram compatible cpu

a b } Memory
a c 113 à CPUs
a c 557 V Motherboard
December 12, 2012 7:34:28 AM

Hi, Try inserting only one RAM stick and see if it does POST. What's the RAMs model?
m
l
December 12, 2012 7:37:48 AM

did you read post?!?! only one stick of ram, and you can find it on newegg or tiger direct, its just vengence corsair 4GB DDR3, and it blue
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
a c 113 à CPUs
a c 557 V Motherboard
December 12, 2012 7:48:45 AM

OK
m
l
December 12, 2012 8:03:20 AM

and?!?!?! that doesnt help mr mask behind the computer? i need answer please
m
l
December 12, 2012 8:18:50 AM

OK mr. attitude. Instead of being a prick to somebody trying to help how about you relax a little.

But since you want to be a prick.. How about a little common sense practice.

-Computer works fine

-Updates Ram

-Computer no work

-Only one stick of ram (easy to freaking trouble shoot this one)

Hmmm wonder what the problem could be. You want to know if it's compatible how about you check your motherboard site for starters.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 12, 2012 8:23:40 AM

I have never heard of incompatible RAM. Unless you bought DDR2.
m
l
December 12, 2012 8:49:07 AM

kingnoobe said:
OK mr. attitude. Instead of being a prick to somebody trying to help how about you relax a little.

But since you want to be a prick.. How about a little common sense practice.

-Computer works fine

-Updates Ram

-Computer no work

-Only one stick of ram (easy to freaking trouble shoot this one)

Hmmm wonder what the problem could be. You want to know if it's compatible how about you check your motherboard site for starters.

but doesnt work for computer, manual for motherboard says certain ram works and others dont work. so is it the ram that dont work or something else? i upgraded to three new parts, not just ram
m
l
a b } Memory
a c 113 à CPUs
a c 557 V Motherboard
December 12, 2012 8:58:10 AM

It's most probably a BIOS issue since the CPU requires a newer version, but I think that such kind of people should better be ignored. Such arrogance in demanding help for free. It's incredible.
A local shop would ask probably more than 100$ for troubleshooting.
m
l
December 19, 2012 2:22:43 AM

alexoiu said:
It's most probably a BIOS issue since the CPU requires a newer version, but I think that such kind of people should better be ignored. Such arrogance in demanding help for free. It's incredible.
A local shop would ask probably more than 100$ for troubleshooting.

i wasnt trying to be rude, and really i wasnt calling names or saying anything, was just up late and frustrated, everyone can relate, so please dont tell me your never rude.
m
l
!