Solved

E7400 @3.5 GHz with...??

Hi ive just OC my c2d e7400 @3.5 (Bsel mod) but i want to buy a new card... i was thinking about the hd 6850 or gtx 460 but when my clocks was @ stock (2.8 Ghz)... now i think i could handle a faster card without too much bottleneck... so what r ur toughts???? keeping between those cards or improve a lil...

Will play Games: Battlefield 3
Skyrim

1820x1080p
4 gb Ram ddr2
Cooler Master Extreme Power 600W
Hyper 212 Plus (Core Cooler)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about e7400 with
  1. For battlefield 3, ditch the dual core cpu, it will be the bottleneck for most new games. You really need a quad core, or core i3 with HT. Im in the same boat, but moving to a new system in a couple weeks. Despite having a 6850 COD black ops is unplayable with a dual core CPU. I expect BF3 to be the same. If you can go higher...3.8ghz is possible on those cpu's....
  2. I dont know how to do a 3.8 ghz bsel mod, and i cant OC with bios... But what card would u buy with those specs?
  3. bump!
  4. Best answer
    A HD6870 seems about right. Higher than that will be limited more than makes sense to spend money on.
  5. Best answer selected by CRIVERAZ86.
  6. Taking into consideration your XP and Point ill trust you... thx 4 all your answers... so the 6870 be it!!! :) ill post some of my benchs later guys...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics