Is This Liquid Cooling System Big Enough?

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hi Guys

Want to know if the cooling system I have in mind will be strong enough for hat I want to do.

The System I'm looking at buying is as follows

Power: Thermal-take Tough X-T 875-W

Video Card: ATI Radeon 6850 x2

Processor: Intel Core I7 2600

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT

MB: Ausus P8Z68-V Pro

Now the cooling system that I'm looking at getting for this system is also as follows

CPU Block: Koolance CPU-370 Nickel

Radiator: Hardware Labs black ice GT xtreme 240

Reservoir Pump: Koolance RP-1000B-K

Video Card: Koolance VID-A-R685

Now the products stated below have been selected because the Koolance selection wizard suggested them so that's what I think I'll be using

CHC-125-http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=663

MVR-40-http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=660

MVR-100-http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=736

All to Be Done in 3/8" tubing

So as the title asks is this going to be big enough.

Please Help
Thanks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Couple questions:

Why all the Koolance gear?

Only a 240 (2x120mm) rad? You'll actually need about one of those per CPU and GPU.

No, no and no on the other 'suggested items'. (There is no reason/gain to watercooling voltage regulators, RAM, MOSFETS or even southbridge. There can be some argument made for northbridge...if you plan to overclock to very high speeds.)

There are other options; some less expensive. Are you dead-set on using only Koolance?

What is your budget? There isn't much difference between 3/8" and 1/2" tubing...any reason you chose 3/8" instead?

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
@ rubix ..what do you have against Koolance ?

@ OP,here are some questions;
-how much are you plan to OC CPU/GPU ?
-how important is the noise ?
-internal or external rad placement ?
-budget ?
the choice of your case is not the best for LC ,i own P67 platform..trust me you don't need to cool SB/MOSFET,but if you insist, you will need two pumps,single 240 won't cut it
P.S.good choice of CPU/GPU blocks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Easy there, killer...same team. :)

I don't have anything against them...I just am curious why people choose all DangerDen, all Koolance, all Swiftech etc. instead of listing other components from other vendors. Koolance makes some pretty good gear...however, I would choose a different pump/res combo for less money, but that's just me. I like to hear validation why someone chooses block 'X' over block 'Y' simply to see if they have done their homework. Knowing why someone made the choice they have goes a long way into seeing their level of understanding or where they might need some help. Just an indirect tactic I use, nothing more.

OP doesn't need 2 pumps...but I won't say not to when he might have the budget.

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

No reason for only Koolance just the best deal i could find so far.
Not on much of a budget but would rather keep it all under $2500 but if its more so be it.
And yes I want to over clock anything and everything i can as high as I can. Bit of a learning curve :ange:
As for the Tubing again no reason at all

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

Noise is something i would want to keep low but I'm more interested in the performance of over clocking.
Also I'm going to have headphones on most of the time.

Not sure about rad what do you think. was thinking about having extra rad in between CPU and video card for extra cooling. what do you think

No real budget

Over clocking to the max

christop

Distinguished
Hey Joelsjet Im was looking over your cpu and I guess you left out the k in the 2600. I read were you wanted to oc your system so Just wanted to check you are getting the 2600k which is unlocked 2600 is not. Good luck man.

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

Thanks christop I really did not realise this at all. I just went for the 2600 because it looks to have about the same specs as the 2600k but without such a price tag.

So What would be the best option, the 2600k or the i5 2500k what are your thoughts?

Anyway Thanks again would have wrecked everything.

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

Ok But would you not get better cooling if you ran from your pump to the CPU then through a small rad then through the video card plus watever else I need for the mother board, back through the big rad to go to the pump.

I left out the resovior in the above system to simplify.

And on the subject of rads. So as far as i understand you can mount a rad where fans normally go. On the Thermaltake level 10 GT its designed to have a 240 rad at the top. But would it be possible to put a extra small one in where one of the fans are meant to be. Or would that cut of to much air flow

Thanks mate