help with BT and Dell Axim 50

Last response: in Technologies
February 1, 2005 7:48:27 PM

Hello, first of all, this is my first message to this group, so hello to
everybody.
Second, I've a problem with my BT&PDA. I have an Axim x50 and a
conceptronic 100 BT (and winXP SP2). The problem is that I can't make a
connection to the web through the BT and my internet shared connection
(in my pc) from the PDA. I can syncronize the data with AS, but I cant
access the web throught the PDA.
Someone could help please?

--
Jacobo Rodríguez Villar

TyphoonLabs Lead Programmer

http://www.typhoonlabs.com

More about : dell axim

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:20:14 PM

Are you using the Microsoft Bluetooth software or something else?

The Microsoft Bluetooth software does not support LAP (LAN Access), but it
does support PAN (Personal Area Networking) as a client. The Dell Axim can
be a server on a PAN, so you could simply bridge the connections on your
desktop, and connect FROM the desktop (which is the other way around from
what is usually done with LAP).

Anyway, if you're connected via ActiveSync then you can already browse the
Internet through this connection. ActiveSync provides the Internet
Pass-Through functionality, which is on by default.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

!