Everything on my pc working normal?

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
hey, so ive built my new computer for $1200. first one ive completely built with all brand new parts. but ive been a little paranoid because my old computer had so much faulty hardware. so i have a few question i hope you guys can answer to put me at ease, or i'll end up tinkering with it until there actually is a problem lol. first question, is it normal for you to have to use a little force when putting in the ram/ 24 pin power cable/ gpu? also if you do put any force and you see the mobo kinda bend down a little when you put in the ram, does that hurt the mobo at all? and if there are loose capacitors on the mobo thats ok right as long as they havent ruptured? iis it normal for a gaming computer to be pretty loud? i have an i5 2500k with no OC and with stock cooler and my room temp being about 58 degrees fahrenheit is it okay for my pc to some times idle from 25-30 celcius other times it idles from 30-40 celcius? its also reaches about 55-60 celcius when im playing left 4 dead 2 with everything maxed out. i have an asus gtx 570 with dcii it reaches like 50 celcius or more when gaming, and idles at 30. lol one more question and im done. i have a 750 watt pc power and cooling mk ii psu, and when i turn off my computer the fan on the psu stays on for about 3-5 minutes. i can even pull the power plug from it and it will still stay on for a few minutes. is that normal?
lol anyway sorry for such a long post. i appreciate any help you can give me, thank you!

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
so i did a bench mark for my cpu and gpu, on my cpu the max temp reached up to 70 celcius, on my gpu using furmark i got a score of 6212 and my max temp was 56 celcius, min frame rate was and max was 154.
is that good?

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
flexing a brand new board a tiny bit is generally ok. However, I have broken really old hard motherboards by pushing in RAM. The motherboard was so old, dry, and brittle that I heard crackling sounds as I pressed down. Oh well :D

To be extra safe I recommend installing RAM for the first time outside of the PC before mounting the motherboard in the case. Besides there is more room outside the case so you might as well do as much as possible beforehand.

As for the PSU fan, it depends on how they built it. It seems a little odd, but I don't see how it'll hurt anything. If there is a large capacitor storing energy it could power the fan for a while as it discharges. You could always e-mail the manufacturer support to see if that is normal.

A loud computer depends on a lot of variables. Size/speed/number of case fans, case material, GPU fan noise, HDD noise, and so on. If you have good temperatures you should be able to reduce the fan speed. For example, I have two manually controlled fans and three fans controlled by the motherboard. All of them are set to 50% power. When the system is at full load the 3 fans controlled by the motherboard automatically increase to 100% as needed.