Tooyota Bluetooth -Motorola V551 problem

Hope some one can help with this. I have a Toyota Prius with Bluetooth
capabilities. Last week, got a Motorola v551 phone also with Bluetooth.
The car connects to the phone immediately. I can make and receive calls via
the car's hand free system. Although I should be able to transfer the
phones telephone book to the car, I can't. The car calls the phone to ask
it to transfer but then nothing happens and after a while the car gives me a
message that the transfer failed. Went to the phone place, they said "not
the phone". Sent an email to Motorola's customer support, got no reply.
Went to the car dealership, they had no one knowledgeable in Bluetooth
technology. They called the factory rep and then called me with a non
existent website. Would appreciate any suggestions.
4 answers Last reply
More about tooyota bluetooth motorola v551 problem

    "Jack Casuso" <jvcasuso@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Hope some one can help with this. I have a Toyota Prius with Bluetooth
    > capabilities. Last week, got a Motorola v551 phone also with Bluetooth.
    > The car connects to the phone immediately. I can make and receive calls
    > via
    > the car's hand free system. Although I should be able to transfer the
    > phones telephone book to the car, I can't. The car calls the phone to ask
    > it to transfer but then nothing happens and after a while the car gives me
    > message that the transfer failed. Went to the phone place, they said "not
    > the phone". Sent an email to Motorola's customer support, got no reply.
    > Went to the car dealership, they had no one knowledgeable in Bluetooth
    > technology. They called the factory rep and then called me with a non
    > existent website. Would appreciate any suggestions.

    I don't BELIEVE (just guessing) that the V551 supports data transfer. I
    tried pairing my Blackberry 7290 with a V551 and the V551 gives me an error
    message "this service is not supported" which leads me to believe that it
    can only be done with a data cable. Again I'm just guessing here.

    The V551 will send data without a cable. I was eventually able to transfer
    all numbers from the phone to the car but had to do them one by one. A real
    pain you know where. Per the car's Bluetooth instructions, should have been
    able to do so in one step.
    "wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Jack Casuso" <jvcasuso@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > > Hope some one can help with this. I have a Toyota Prius with Bluetooth
    > > capabilities. Last week, got a Motorola v551 phone also with Bluetooth.
    > > The car connects to the phone immediately. I can make and receive calls
    > > via
    > > the car's hand free system. Although I should be able to transfer the
    > > phones telephone book to the car, I can't. The car calls the phone to
    ask
    > > it to transfer but then nothing happens and after a while the car gives
    me
    > > message that the transfer failed. Went to the phone place, they said
    "not
    > > the phone". Sent an email to Motorola's customer support, got no reply.
    > > Went to the car dealership, they had no one knowledgeable in Bluetooth
    > > technology. They called the factory rep and then called me with a non
    > > existent website. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    > >
    > I don't BELIEVE (just guessing) that the V551 supports data transfer. I
    > tried pairing my Blackberry 7290 with a V551 and the V551 gives me an
    error
    > message "this service is not supported" which leads me to believe that it
    > can only be done with a data cable. Again I'm just guessing here.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Having the same problem, but haven't been able to transfer even one record.
    How did you do the one-by-one transfer? thanks!

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I had the same problem with the Motorola MPx220. Some phones will transfer
    the entire address book, but I had to transfer one at a time. Now I'm having
    trouble with the MPx220. It simply died. I'm considering exchanging for a
    V551. Any comments? Please see my post on Feb. 14.

    Harlan
    ---
    [If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
    address.]

    | The V551 will send data without a cable. I was eventually able to
    transfer
    | all numbers from the phone to the car but had to do them one by one. A
    real
    | pain you know where. Per the car's Bluetooth instructions, should have
    been
    | able to do so in one step.
    | "wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Jack Casuso" <jvcasuso@optonline.net> wrote in message
    | > > Hope some one can help with this. I have a Toyota Prius with
    Bluetooth
    | > > capabilities. Last week, got a Motorola v551 phone also with
    Bluetooth.
    | > > The car connects to the phone immediately. I can make and receive
    calls
    | > > via
    | > > the car's hand free system. Although I should be able to transfer the
    | > > phones telephone book to the car, I can't. The car calls the phone to
    | ask
    | > > it to transfer but then nothing happens and after a while the car
    gives
    | me
    | > > message that the transfer failed. Went to the phone place, they said
    | "not
    | > > the phone". Sent an email to Motorola's customer support, got no
    reply.
    | > > Went to the car dealership, they had no one knowledgeable in
    Bluetooth
    | > > technology. They called the factory rep and then called me with a non
    | > > existent website. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    | > >
    | > I don't BELIEVE (just guessing) that the V551 supports data transfer. I
    | > tried pairing my Blackberry 7290 with a V551 and the V551 gives me an
    | error
    | > message "this service is not supported" which leads me to believe that
    it
    | > can only be done with a data cable. Again I'm just guessing here.

Bluetooth Phones Motorola