CONTROL PANEL: Complete Failure

don't know how, dont know why?
control panel doesn't work at all. nothing on it works.
i click on it and a little window appears then
dissappears right away. i guess this is what they
call "hanging". did some research and I came across a
current Article from the MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE. It
describes my problem exactly. It says that it offers
a "hot-fix" to remedy this situation or I can wait for SP
2 to come out which supposedly fix this same problem.
I'm wondering if anyone else is having that same problem.
When is SP2 coming out?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:32:13 -0700, <rchinchilla305@aol.com> wrote:

>don't know how, dont know why?
>control panel doesn't work at all. nothing on it works.
>i click on it and a little window appears then
>dissappears right away. i guess this is what they
>call "hanging". did some research and I came across a
>current Article from the MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE. It
>describes my problem exactly. It says that it offers
>a "hot-fix" to remedy this situation or I can wait for SP
>2 to come out which supposedly fix this same problem.
>I'm wondering if anyone else is having that same problem.
>When is SP2 coming out?

I am not familiar with that particular problem, but how does it react
if you open Windows Explorer (Windows Flag + E), and click on Control
Panel on the left side?

---Atreju---

Atreju--

You can get to the control panel through Explorer, and you should get to the
Control Panel by putting up your run box and typing "control" in, but I
don't thing doing that will impact this problem. I've seen reboots bring
it back, but I think a near sure thing would be to go to Kelly's

Tweaks>#256 Left: Restore the Control Panel:

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

Chad Harris