Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Rebate problems with Antec and others

Last response: in Components
February 8, 2012 6:39:19 PM

I know it's probably naive to ask, but we probably all have problems getting our rebates from various manufacturers, but am I the only person waiting over 60 days to get a lousy $15 rebate from Antec for a power supply?

I was meticulous about sending in my forms all properly laid out in a neat stack stapled together and I sent them on time by certified mail with return receipt requested, etc. I've emailed them twice asking where the rebate check is/was. I'm awaiting my second reply.

Any advice or words of wisdom about this?

Thanks all.

Moderator, feel free to put this in the most suitable category.

More about : rebate problems antec

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 6:40:19 PM

60 days is not very long. Give it another month.
a c 139 ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 6:46:11 PM

Waiting isn't fun but at least Antec's been reliable.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 9:21:09 PM

Hi :) 

A question for any Americans here....

I am from the UK and own computer companies etc, but we do not have a "Rebate" system here in the UK...

In the UK... we do not get rebates either on private purchases or company ones... although buying trade for my companies I would normally get a "discount" if I was buying say 20 high end graphics cards, but thats a percentage (roughly 10 to 15%) of the retail price.

However I dont think thats what your "rebate" system is....

Could someone please explain how it works....

Apologies for my ignorance :) 

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
February 8, 2012 9:44:17 PM

abekl said:
60 days is not very long. Give it another month.

Thanks abekl. You're probably right, I'll wait some more. It will probably show up the day after this post.
m
l
a c 139 ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 9:46:03 PM

Probably the day after you stop thinking about it.
m
l
February 8, 2012 9:47:28 PM

WR2 said:
Waiting isn't fun but at least Antec's been reliable.

Thanks WR2. As I said, I'll wait a little longer and it will probably show up tomorrow. I do like my Antec Basiq BR550 power supply. It's very well made and it's got modular cabling which makes for an easy to manage and neat, uncluttered look. Plus I got the PS at a sale price from newegg.
m
l
February 8, 2012 10:27:07 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

A question for any Americans here....

I am from the UK and own computer companies etc, but we do not have a "Rebate" system here in the UK...

In the UK... we do not get rebates either on private purchases or company ones... although buying trade for my companies I would normally get a "discount" if I was buying say 20 high end graphics cards, but thats a percentage (roughly 10 to 15%) of the retail price.

However I dont think thats what your "rebate" system is....

Could someone please explain how it works....

Apologies for my ignorance :) 

Brett, you're not ignorant, you've got a Porsche!

The rebate system her in the Colonies works like this. You buy a product at regular or "sale" price, get a rebate form, fill it out very carefully, then very carefully include your sales receipt, cut the UPC bar code off the product box, carefully, very carefully check and double check all the forms and materials to be posted to the company, then mail it to the product companies rebate handling office and then wait for 60 to 90 days for them to invest your money to make more interest on it than you could get for yourself with your own money, then if you've done everything very, very properly and dotted all of your "i" and crossed all of your "t's" they may mail you your measly check for a pittance of the purchase price back to you if they don't find something wrong with your rebate submission and send you an email or a letter that you've done it all wrong and deny your rebate.

Then you get to email them endless protests and fight with Dickensonian petty clerks who love to torture you with minutia. It's a lot of work for $10 to $20 (or 6.3 to 12.6 Great British Pounds at today's exchange rate)
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2012 10:44:34 PM

garyhope said:
Brett, you're not ignorant, you've got a Porsche!

The rebate system her in the Colonies works like this. You buy a product at regular or "sale" price, get a rebate form, fill it out very carefully, then very carefully include your sales receipt, cut the UPC bar code off the product box, carefully, very carefully check and double check all the forms and materials to be posted to the company, then mail it to the product companies rebate handling office and then wait for 60 to 90 days for them to invest your money to make more interest on it than you could get for yourself with your own money, then if you've done everything very, very properly and dotted all of your "i" and crossed all of your "t's" they may mail you your measly check for a pittance of the purchase price back to you if they don't find something wrong with your rebate submission and send you an email or a letter that you've done it all wrong and deny your rebate.

Then you get to email them endless protests and fight with Dickensonian petty clerks who love to torture you with minutia. It's a lot of work for $10 to $20 (or 6.3 to 12.6 Great British Pounds at today's exchange rate)

Hi Gary :) 

Interesting.... how do the companies make the money back...I would assume that they jack up the price on the original invoice ?

And wouldnt buying the same item from another retailer be cheaper by the rebate amount of the first company ?

By the way not only a Porsche but the fastest in the UK lol :) 

m
l
February 9, 2012 5:32:14 AM

WR2 said:
Probably the day after you stop thinking about it.

Got that right. That's life.
m
l
February 14, 2012 5:20:06 AM

Hi all :) 

My $20 should be here in about 4-6 weeks.

Can't wait to buy a case fan and thermal paste with it ! :p 

Go Antec ! xD

pEACe
m
l
February 14, 2012 1:30:15 PM

Finally got a reply from Antec. They denied my rebate because I applied for it ONE day early. They use any excuse to deny a rebate. Perhaps I was wrong and misread the form, but I don't think so. I'm PO'd. You have to read all of your rebate material very, VERY carefully. I think much of it is a scam. They make good money on using your money by investing it and then only paying out on a small portion of the rebate requests.
m
l
February 14, 2012 4:22:02 PM

garyhope said:
Finally got a reply from Antec. They denied my rebate because I applied for it ONE day early. They use any excuse to deny a rebate. Perhaps I was wrong and misread the form, but I don't think so. I'm PO'd. You have to read all of your rebate material very, VERY carefully. I think much of it is a scam. They make good money on using your money by investing it and then only paying out on a small portion of the rebate requests.

Did you buy it before the rebate started ? What is the date on your reciept ?

It is NOT a scam. If you follow the clearly defined rules, you will get your $$$. :) 

pEACe
m
l
February 19, 2012 5:13:32 AM

Best answer selected by garyhope.
m
l
!