I bought an hp pavilion g7 am i able to place other parts into the cpu without m

vernon2806

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
am i able to upgrade the system to an i-7 processor and will i be able to upgrade graphics card as well as memory as well?

Based on HP's website for the HP Pavilion G7 is a custom laptop that supports the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors including the Intel Core i3, i5 and i7. So yes you most likely would be able to upgrade the processor on this unit to an Intel Core i7 (to be sure check with HP to ensure that the board they use does support the replacement processor you are looking at).

The website lists the graphics as the Intel HD 3000 Graphics that is used on all of our 2nd generation mobile Intel Core processor. While you can dedicate more memory to the graphics you really can't replace a card in a laptop.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

vernon2806

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
ok thank you very much . im not very good with computers however im thinking of building my own desktop i dont need a computer that costs 3k tbh im just building the computer to play world of warcraft and a few other games. as for the laptop i just wanna get the best performance possible out of the computer i honestly wouldnt have bought the computer had my old hp not crash after 5 long years and 2 deployments.