Displaying Seconds on Desktop Taskbar

How can one enable the clock on the taskbar to display
seconds in addition to hours and minutes. I set the
format in Regional settings to h:mm:ss:tt but it doesn't
show the seconds on the clock on the taskbar.

Chuck--

The clock native to XP doesn't anymore. It used to, and I don't think it
can be hackeda to display seconds. You may have to go to a 3rd party clock
to display seconds or a 3rd party app to hack the XP clock to display
seconds. There are a lot of free ones. See:

http://www.clocx.tk/

If you want to heae from one of the MSFT people who threw it out and their
explanation as to why it doesn't any more or why they removed it--see:

Why doesn't the clock in the taskbar/notification area display seconds?
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2003/10/10/55256.aspx

Chad Harris

"Chuck Elmeer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How can one enable the clock on the taskbar to display
seconds in addition to hours and minutes. I set the
format in Regional settings to h:mm:ss:tt but it doesn't
show the seconds on the clock on the taskbar.

zulu

From my point of view. I would be quite happy if I could make the useless
article big enough to actually tell the time by,
20 bold might just about do it...!

--
¦ zulu ¦