Sign in with
Your question

Changing the motherboard on a dell inspiron 560 to lga775 and more..

Last response: in CPUs
February 8, 2012 8:28:45 PM

So i started working at best buy about 8 months ago selling computers(doesnt mean im an expert or a solid computer whiz), I have a increasing appreciation for computers along with a strong desire to build one, but that would be horribly irresponsible with my cash flow and small savings. What I was thinking: I have a Dell Inspiron 560 with a celeron 450, DDR3 (ive realized that's a plus), 4 gigs of memory. Could i change out to a newer board and get an I5, or is that not feasible? I run photoshop frequently (runs fine, my system is clean as hell nothing is on it that doesnt have to be) and play Civ 5, but it sucks. Should I just pick up a core 2 or a core 2 quad? I know one suggestion is going to be alot more then the other one monetarily.

Tim
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 8, 2012 9:13:26 PM

Hi :) 

First check your case....a LOT of Dell cases are non standard...i.e you wont get a standard ATX motherboard to fit....

All the best Brett :) 
February 8, 2012 9:21:30 PM

Yeah thats what i figured, I wasnt sure if they made one that would fit or if the internal stylings had changed, because i know they make this computer with the i5.
!