Can a PS connected to a HDTV via the DVI port?

I have heard of the component video connection. Should the DVI
connection be better if it exists? If such cable exists, can someone
post a link to a typical merchant?

TIA

Caloonese <caloonese@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have heard of the component video connection. Should the DVI
> connection be better if it exists? If such cable exists, can someone
> post a link to a typical merchant?

Neither the PS1 nor PS2 support a DVI connection. PS2 will support
component connection as you know, and that cable can be bought anywhere
that sells a PS2. The Sony brand one is fine. The Monster version isn't
worth the extra cash. It's definitely to your advantage to use the
component video connection as that'll give you the best picture and is the
only way to play games in HD (assuming they support it.)

pspmax1@yahoo.com wrote:
> Acording to http://www.pspmax.com there is no problem recording a PSP
> station to a TV or a monitor.

The original poster said *PS* - which I assume means Playstation. He
didn't specify PS1 or PS2, but since he mentioned component video, I
assume he meant PS2.

PSP, I assume, doesn't support DVI either.

lizzy

"Caloonese" <caloonese@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have heard of the component video connection. Should the DVI
> connection be better if it exists? If such cable exists, can someone
> post a link to a typical merchant?
>
> TIA

There supposed to be a DVI connector sold in Japan for PS2 made by Sony but
never seen anyone post if it works with US model. Do a google search.

Never heard of a DVI cable for the PS2. Just stick with the component
cables and you will be just fine.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com