Sabertooth p67 (FRIED) Q-LED CPU only?

wondering_ed

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
My mobo got fried it is a sabertooth p67 rev3. We still dont know the reason why. The burned part was behind the board on the exact portion where the DIMM socket is connected. It was just a regular day no problems until I turned it on and it got fried. No short circuit thingies traces. Its like that portion just got busted or some sort. Noob here. Then after that we tried again to turn on the Computer.

The Q-Led lit only up to the CPU and it never went to the RAM, VC or the HD led. My question is, Is that only up to the CPU q-led because the RAM part was fried or is it up only to CPU q-led because the CPU is fried too?

I still havent tested the CPU because there is no 1155 (core i7 2600k) socket mobo around here. The VC is dead, I still dont know about the RAM(dominator GT). I just want to know if there is a possibility that the CPU is still alive.

NOTE : There are no traces of burns under the cpu. It did not even smell burned.

SPECS :
CPU: Core i7 2600k
MOBO: Sabertooth p67 rev3
RAM: Dominator GT 2ghz 4 sticks of 2gb.
PSU: Cougar 700cm 700watts
VC: Geforce GTX 260

wondering_ed

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Thanks for the reply, I really hope the CPU is fine.
Then again, The PSU is all fine. I mean thats the same PSU am using right now on my old rig.
No problem on the PSU, could it be a factory defect on the board or something?
Orrr should we say the voltage for the RAM?