Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New build.Ordering Soon. Advice?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 8, 2011 8:06:59 PM

Hey guys i am ordering this in 2 days! what do you think about it..


Asrock extreme3 gen3 z68 mobo - $125
Intel i5 2500k - $220
G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb DDR3 1600 - $35 (shell shocker deal)
EVGA Gtx 570 - $340
Coolermaster CM 690 II advanced - $90
Seasonic S12ii 620w - $80
Asus dvd burner - $20
500GB Western Digital Black - $60.. I am getting from my local store !

any changes guys?? to make it better i have a $1000 Budget! thanks alot bros!

More about : build ordering advice

November 8, 2011 8:22:52 PM

Looks good. That HDD is a steal at today's prices. You need a HSF?
Don't forget the OS. $100
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 8:27:40 PM

That shell shocker deal will be gone by tomorrow. It's good RAM so buy it reallll soon if you want to keep that price.

If you plan on SLI'ing get a 850w or greater PSU. I would highly recommend Corsair PSU's.

For a HSF I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo...

Other than that looks good!
m
0
l
Related resources
November 8, 2011 8:30:33 PM

psu doesnt leave room for SLI if you choose to go that route in the future, otherwise it looks very good. maybe toss in a quality cpu cooler if you plan to OC.
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 8:39:53 PM

Okay. I will still get the gskill ripjaws 8gb! As for the HSF.. My uncle is giving me a noctua D-14!! For $15 so thats amazing. and im not going sli.. when i need to upgrade i will sell 570 and get another one i dont like SLI Thanks Alot.. is the seasonic 620w a dece psu for a single gpu like the gtx 570
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 8:49:34 PM

raptorxrx said:
That shell shocker deal will be gone by tomorrow. It's good RAM so buy it reallll soon if you want to keep that price.

If you plan on SLI'ing get a 850w or greater PSU. I would highly recommend Corsair PSU's.

For a HSF I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo...

Other than that looks good!


The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a good choice, but I think I would recommend the Corsair A20 or EVGA's cooler.

OP: What case are you using?
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 8:58:19 PM

Its in the build: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced. And im getting Noctua NH-D14
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 9:01:41 PM

Is the g.skill 1600 on sale too? All I see is the 1333. O_o
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 9:10:10 PM

The Noctua NH-DH14 is basically the best air cooler out there don't get me wrong, but the Hyper 212 Evo offers really good performance for a much better price. I would use the 55 dollars on something else. Just me though, and if you want the best aircooler you've choose it.
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 9:11:23 PM

p_lock82 said:
Is the g.skill 1600 on sale too? All I see is the 1333. O_o

No, but 1333 is enough, especially if you have 8 gigs. I forgot to set my timings on my 1600 Ripjaws and they were running at 1333. When I fixed it I didn't really notice any difference.
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 9:15:52 PM

raptorxrx said:
The Noctua NH-DH14 is basically the best air cooler out there don't get me wrong, but the Hyper 212 Evo offers really good performance for a much better price. I would use the 55 dollars on something else. Just me though, and if you want the best aircooler you've choose it.


Rgr that, regarding the ram. Says he's getting the Noctua for 15 bucks, so I'd stick with it. =P
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 10:47:51 PM

johnnyisthename said:
Its in the build: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced. And im getting Noctua NH-D14


Both good choices. The only thing with the D14 and other huge fans is that you got to be aware of clearance issues. I've had some fans just barely clip the edge of my case and still be able to close.
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 10:50:58 PM

Quote:
Says he's getting the Noctua for 15 bucks

Where from? I want one too! :D 
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 11:04:25 PM

raptorxrx said:
Quote:
Says he's getting the Noctua for 15 bucks

Where from? I want one too! :D 


Yeah me too! :lol: 
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 11:08:24 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Yeah me too! :lol: 


Do you know his uncle? :p 
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 11:16:32 PM

Let me think... Maybe? No.... Oh well....
m
0
l
November 8, 2011 11:23:46 PM

haha hes getting a watercooling loop he has no need for the noctua so i said can i have for 30? hes like take er for 15 and im like WIN WIN!
m
0
l
November 9, 2011 12:32:31 AM

Only thing I would say is get a more powerful PSU. It wouldn't be a have to do thing, but you should, so you can SLI and do whatever.
m
0
l
!