Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best refurbished among these options

Last response: in Systems
November 8, 2011 9:06:07 PM

Hello all!
I'm looking for the best system I can get for $300. For now, looking more for a mix of good processor, memory and quality motherboard (for future upgrades).
I'm not currently playing games, neither do overclocking. So, for now a onboard video/sound would be OK (motherboard should allow later installation of new video and sound cards).

I was thinking about building my own system (I did in the past), but got lost with many options on the market (specially motherboard and processor) - only the processor could cost $270! I really have to limit to $310 (actually $300, but...).

So I was looking for refurbished systems and I found two. Which one you think would be the best option, since they are exact same price?

If anybody has any other idea or a custom build (specially motherboard+processor suggestions, then I look for cases+power, memory and hard drive) with total up to $300, they are very welcome!
Thanks!

More about : refurbished options

November 8, 2011 9:36:23 PM

Both are desktop...

Best solution

November 9, 2011 7:05:41 AM

The Athlon is definitely a faster processor than the Pentium computer. However, the computer has two less gigs of ram (which is honestly good for most people. I'm a super heavy multi-tasker, but I don't breech 4 gig usage until I'm doing 500 and 1 things AND photo editing. Even then, I only use 4.5 gigs). No GPU is listed, so obviously its integrated graphics.

Ultimately, I'd go for the Athlon based computer. The processor is definitely faster than the Pentium (courtesy of anandtech CPU bench charts :)  ), and 4 gigs is probably going to be more than enough for your use. If not, it costs like $20 to upgrade to 6 gigs?. Throw in a $60 GPU, and you'll have a very nice platform (for when, or if, you decide to go that route).
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 7:34:31 AM

igorjrr said:
Hello all!
I'm looking for the best system I can get for $300. For now, looking more for a mix of good processor, memory and quality motherboard (for future upgrades).

May be save up another $200 for 1155 mobo and sandy bridge cpu build? These 2 are dead platform that you cannot upgrade on.
November 26, 2011 8:37:08 PM

Best answer selected by igorjrr.
January 4, 2012 7:07:08 AM

Take a look at "Compugen", they are Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher, who provide low cost refurbished computer accessories. Take a look at their site (cfiestore.com), it gonna helps you.
!