problems with Action replay max 8meg card

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 17, 2005 8:14:33 AM

Well i bought a brand new ps2 slim version and one of those AR max 8meg
memory cards for it and it doesnt work. No matter what i tried it didnt
work.. So i exchanged it for a new one and it did the same thing.

Does this version work with the new ps2 slimline or are both the ps2's the
same? maybe my ps2 is defective? What are the steps exactly to get this
memory card working? any help is appreciated..thx

my email is: encino at telus dot net
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 10:27:38 AM

format
"Nevermind" <nevermind@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well i bought a brand new ps2 slim version and one of those AR max 8meg
> memory cards for it and it doesnt work. No matter what i tried it didnt
> work.. So i exchanged it for a new one and it did the same thing.
>
> Does this version work with the new ps2 slimline or are both the ps2's the
> same? maybe my ps2 is defective? What are the steps exactly to get this
> memory card working? any help is appreciated..thx
>
> my email is: encino at telus dot net

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:30:49 AM

My 16mb works fine. There is some INFO on Datels website about some of their
older memory cards not working on the new slimlines.

They offer a replacement in 90 days w/ a working one w/ receipt.

"Nevermind" <nevermind@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well i bought a brand new ps2 slim version and one of those AR max 8meg
> memory cards for it and it doesnt work. No matter what i tried it didnt
> work.. So i exchanged it for a new one and it did the same thing.
>
> Does this version work with the new ps2 slimline or are both the ps2's the
> same? maybe my ps2 is defective? What are the steps exactly to get this
> memory card working? any help is appreciated..thx
>
> my email is: encino at telus dot net

Related resources
March 17, 2005 2:34:40 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:14:33 GMT, "Nevermind" <nevermind@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Well i bought a brand new ps2 slim version and one of those AR max 8meg
>memory cards for it and it doesnt work. No matter what i tried it didnt
>work.. So i exchanged it for a new one and it did the same thing.
>
>Does this version work with the new ps2 slimline or are both the ps2's the
>same? maybe my ps2 is defective? What are the steps exactly to get this
>memory card working? any help is appreciated..thx

Nothing wrong with your PS2 slimline at all. Being a non-licensed
product, Datel has to reverse engineer their products to make them
work on the PS2. Sony made some modifications to the memory card slot
functionality that made those older AR 8MB memory cards no longer
function on them. If you pop your AR into an original style PS2,
you'll see that it works perfectly.

With this PS2 slimline model on the market, Datel went back to the
drawing board and now has their new Max Memory 16MB, 32MB, and 64MB
memory cards on the market. These new cards no longer need to have
any initial software load to use unlike that old 8MB you had in that
ancient AR MAX package. They work like any normal PS2 memory card and
can be accessed from the PS2's browser sceeen on any PlayStation 2
system made, classic or slimline.

But why did you buy such a very very old package of the AR MAX? Since
that version with the 8MB card came out in 2003, it was replaced with
one that came with a 16MB USB memory stick in 2004, and now this year
it comes with this new 16MB memory card that I mentioned above.
March 18, 2005 4:20:43 AM

Its what was available when i bought my PS2 2 days ago at futureshop :)
ohh, and i know almost nothing about the ps2 (yet) still learning. And thx
for the posts
"Asterix" <amd@intel.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:14:33 GMT, "Nevermind" <nevermind@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Well i bought a brand new ps2 slim version and one of those AR max 8meg
>>memory cards for it and it doesnt work. No matter what i tried it didnt
>>work.. So i exchanged it for a new one and it did the same thing.
>>
>>Does this version work with the new ps2 slimline or are both the ps2's the
>>same? maybe my ps2 is defective? What are the steps exactly to get this
>>memory card working? any help is appreciated..thx
>
> Nothing wrong with your PS2 slimline at all. Being a non-licensed
> product, Datel has to reverse engineer their products to make them
> work on the PS2. Sony made some modifications to the memory card slot
> functionality that made those older AR 8MB memory cards no longer
> function on them. If you pop your AR into an original style PS2,
> you'll see that it works perfectly.
>
> With this PS2 slimline model on the market, Datel went back to the
> drawing board and now has their new Max Memory 16MB, 32MB, and 64MB
> memory cards on the market. These new cards no longer need to have
> any initial software load to use unlike that old 8MB you had in that
> ancient AR MAX package. They work like any normal PS2 memory card and
> can be accessed from the PS2's browser sceeen on any PlayStation 2
> system made, classic or slimline.
>
> But why did you buy such a very very old package of the AR MAX? Since
> that version with the 8MB card came out in 2003, it was replaced with
> one that came with a 16MB USB memory stick in 2004, and now this year
> it comes with this new 16MB memory card that I mentioned above.

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:49:32 AM

Guys,
I recently bought a PAL slim PS2 (UK). I have some good DVDs from
Region 1. Just want to know from your expereinces if the Action Replay
MAX will be able to help me play those Region 1 DVDs on my UK PAL Slim
PS2?
Thanks...
!