Sign in with
Your question

Sound through the hdmi cable i can hear in monitor speakers but not in external

Last response: in Components
February 8, 2012 11:50:47 PM

Hello,

Sound through the HDMI cable I can hear in monitor speakers, but not in external speakers. I also have a cable connection via sound card to external speakers.
I want it to listen to music through external speakers.

Please help!

Thank you, Alex
February 8, 2012 11:54:58 PM

go into sound (im assuming your in windows) in the control panels, and set speakers as the default device
February 9, 2012 12:34:10 AM

nna2 said:
go into sound (im assuming your in windows) in the control panels, and set speakers as the default device

Thanks for the quick reply. I have to try it but the problem remains.

P. S. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, grafic card is Zotac GTS 450 Amp!
Related resources
February 9, 2012 12:29:52 PM

nna2 said:
just to make sure it looks somewhat like this? http://i.imgur.com/UaDwq.png

Yes. If I put speakers to default ( Realtec AC'97 ) no sound ... only when set to default VX2753 ( my monitor ) Nvidia High Definition Audio but on monitor speakers.
February 9, 2012 12:48:17 PM

the Nvidia is your video card, so it will send sound through the HDMI cable. Try disabling that option in the Sound menu. Set you default audio to one of the other ones on the list and test. Check your Device Manager and make sure you have the sound card driver installed. Verify you have the green cable connected to the right port. Try connecting the green sound cable into your motherboard and see if you can get sound from there, instead of using the sound card. Make sure your speakers are turned on and sound volume is up.
February 9, 2012 12:48:19 PM

p.s.

If I set like on images don't work on speakers
February 9, 2012 1:00:26 PM

jdenova007 said:
the Nvidia is your video card, so it will send sound through the HDMI cable. Try disabling that option in the Sound menu. Set you default audio to one of the other ones on the list and test. Check your Device Manager and make sure you have the sound card driver installed. Verify you have the green cable connected to the right port. Try connecting the green sound cable into your motherboard and see if you can get sound from there, instead of using the sound card. Make sure your speakers are turned on and sound volume is up.

I also tried this option but without success. In test is no sound through speakers. I have last update.

!