Is there hardware to test different kinds of hardware?

applesfaceman

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
So, im sure there are some things that big companies use that cost a crap load, but thats not what im hoping to hear :)

I often have old/broke pc/lap tops come my way, and i dont have like a System to hook all the parts up to and test which ones work..

Now, i have one of those things you can plug a hard drive into, and then plug it into a computer via USB, for hard drivers.. but, what options do i have for testing processors, memory and other components without having to have a set of working parts to use to test stuff on.

like is there some kind of circut board that accepts most kinds of memory that i can plug ram into to test, and like a bored that accepts most processors, or has several processor slots .. or what.. i dunno..

thanks!

Solution
Hi :)

Lol...

I own PC shops that do repairs and a Laptop repair company...

There IS what you want for ram (memory) it only does certain types and costs around £4000 :(

Cpus ...no...you need various machines set up with each type of cpu socket....you can also test cd/dvd drives in them and card readers etc etc....

There is NO cheap way to do what you want....if it was that easy everyone would do it...even my workshop tools are Snap-on (very expensive) and the first time one of your cheap screwdrivers slips off a screw and writes off a motherboard , you will know why I buy them at hundreds of pounds for each workshop set...

All the best Brett :)
Hi :)

Lol...

I own PC shops that do repairs and a Laptop repair company...

There IS what you want for ram (memory) it only does certain types and costs around £4000 :(

Cpus ...no...you need various machines set up with each type of cpu socket....you can also test cd/dvd drives in them and card readers etc etc....

There is NO cheap way to do what you want....if it was that easy everyone would do it...even my workshop tools are Snap-on (very expensive) and the first time one of your cheap screwdrivers slips off a screw and writes off a motherboard , you will know why I buy them at hundreds of pounds for each workshop set...

All the best Brett :)

Solution