Sign in with
Your question

Asus Sabertooth z77 - removing thermal armor?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Sabertooth
  • Battery
  • CMOS
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 13, 2012 2:14:25 AM

Hello, as mentioned in the title, I have an ASUS Sabertooth z77 3770K. I made some changes to the BIOS boot order and now, my system seems to be unable to boot. I attempted to reset the CMOS by moving the jumper cap from pins 1-2 to 2-3. It did not seem to help. :( 

I understand that another way to reset the BIOS is by removing the CMOS battery and replacing it. But the Sabertooth z77 has a thermal armor that covers the CMOS battery. Before I start disconnecting my entire system, could someone tell me if there is a safe way to remove the thermal armor so I can access the battery? Or is the armor non-removable?

More about : asus sabertooth z77 removing thermal armor

October 26, 2013 8:25:21 AM

schizandra said:
Hello, as mentioned in the title, I have an ASUS Sabertooth z77 3770K. I made some changes to the BIOS boot order and now, my system seems to be unable to boot. I attempted to reset the CMOS by moving the jumper cap from pins 1-2 to 2-3. It did not seem to help. :( 

I understand that another way to reset the BIOS is by removing the CMOS battery and replacing it. But the Sabertooth z77 has a thermal armor that covers the CMOS battery. Before I start disconnecting my entire system, could someone tell me if there is a safe way to remove the thermal armor so I can access the battery? Or is the armor non-removable?

m
l
October 26, 2013 8:38:19 AM

This might be a very late respond but i'm in the same situation. I need to remove the thermal armor from my P67 so I can remove the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS as I am also unable to boot because of some RAM problems.

Did you happen to find a way to remove it?
I try to unscrew the screws but it wont move. I'm able to screw them a couple of turns before the screws "click", like theres some locking-mechanism?

Annd I don't have my user manual here..
m
l
October 27, 2013 5:22:31 AM

bump
m
l
!