Temp and voltage help AMD

austinwillis81

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
alright guys so i just finished my new build with a 960t and i was using prime 95 to stress test and i was watching my temps and vcore with the Asrock Extreme Tuning Utility and there is a option for Intelligent Power Saver and with it on my temps where at about 61-63 and vcore at 1.3-1.35 but with it off it was at 56-58 and 1.248-1.252 now i thought that your vcore was supposed to stay the same? and if it is what do i need to do in my bios to do such? My motherboard is an Asrock 970 extreme 3

Solution
with the green revolution companies are doing weird and wonderfull things in order to save power.

i would leave it disabled. specially if ur overclocking. you dont want anything playing with your voltages except you.

same goes for those turbo core features where the CPU steps up to a higher freq. disable it.

the various software cpu overclocking packages do ok for a basic overclock. often i will use those first. get a stable OC and work from there to get a better one via bios.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
with the green revolution companies are doing weird and wonderfull things in order to save power.

i would leave it disabled. specially if ur overclocking. you dont want anything playing with your voltages except you.

same goes for those turbo core features where the CPU steps up to a higher freq. disable it.

the various software cpu overclocking packages do ok for a basic overclock. often i will use those first. get a stable OC and work from there to get a better one via bios.

Solution